• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 essex66uk

essex66uk

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:08 AM

last year (august 05) i rang the occupational health dept and said i was a 23 stone rugby player,would this allow me to join.they where very polite ( could not hear the laughter ) and suggested i lose weight...so i did..im now 17stone and still training to get back to my oringinal 14 stone i was 5 years ago. and i have given up the ciggies.
so on to my application.attended the open evening on the 10th august in grays(want to be at thurrock,or tilbury or grays)
the specials there where great,got my application pack.
so the form was sent on the 20th august 06,they must have recieved it 22nd/23rd.
i recieved a letter saturday (2nd septmebr) i have passed the the sift part of the application.( now that was quick).
had to send back a form saying when im availible,so now im just waiting for a date to do the pirt test and have the interview.
i will be 40 this year,but i got out of the comfort zone i was in,tv, sofa etc..got off my a**e..SO CAN YOU!!!

#2 essex66uk

essex66uk

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

Just a quick update.i received a letter asking me to attend chelmsford to do the p.i.r.t. test and have a interview.
Have done alot of preparation,its been a long struggle to get to this point so i'm detemined not to let myself down.
Just cant wait,i cant believe how nervous/excited i am.Will keep you all updated on how i get on..

#3 essex66uk

essex66uk

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

its been a while since i updated,because i failed the pirt..ive been in hiding..felt a right idiot,but after a while came to see it as a setback.
They told me i just failed,but a fail is a fail..so i rang recruitment yesterday.The lady who answered said aarrhh we remember you,you just failed,so she said she would put my name on the next assessment day.
I said its not quite six months,but she said not to worry.
so im justing waiting now.I have brushed up on my spelling,grammer,which according to the feedback i failed on,which i was shocked at,as i thought it would be maths.
so if anyone else fails,dont worry,six months goes so quick and at least you will know what to expect.Just get feedback and prepare for the next time.

#4 essex66uk

essex66uk

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

Passed the pirt .. :whistle: :saint: . had my interview on wednesday ( 8th august ) and that went really well.So much better than last time, i could give myself a kick up the backside for not preparing properly last time.
This time i was prepared.If you are reading this and have failed,the six months goes really quick,dont give up,its only a setback.
As soon as i hear my results from the interview i shall add a new post.

#5 essex66uk

essex66uk

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

i passed the interview...yippeee..it seems ages ago i failed.I'm just waiting for a medical date now..The reason i failed last time was lack of preparation,and being to confident,I'm 40,what can i learn,been there,done that etc etc....please if you are about to apply,prepare yourself,study and learn.
If you do fail or you have failed,don't give up...

#6 essex66uk

essex66uk

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

Have got my medical date,the 17th september,and i should start training on the 29th/30th september.This all depends on security checks etc.Sent the orange form last week,so its case of waiting now.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users