174 replies to this topic

#151 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

Well just to update you....

On Friday I was paired with a reg during the day in the van visiting all the hotspots and places requiring visits during the day on the force duties, we stopped some people and had the usual chat with them and sent them on there way, in the evening I was on Patrol in the city, doing public order and nothing of real intrest happend, suprisingly it was rather quite for a Friday.

I was paired with another SC and we spent the evening just ticketing cars and giving people directions to Oceana and Greek Street......

On Saturday I did some foot patrol in the City during the day, I made a point of visiting all the hotspots and logging in my PNB all the visits I made, this ensured the log was updated accordingly, I also applied for a new job.
In the evening I was teamed with a Special until about 9pm but as we walked out of the nick I spotted a Misper almost immediatley so we brought them back to the nick and cleared that log off.
After they was collected by there parents we was left with about an hours foot patrol in the city, so we just wondered around waiting until the next breifing.
Then we had a breifing in the evening to be told that we was doing pub visits, which was a bit diffrent as I have never been inside a pub doing licence visits before and if looks could kill we would have been dead on our feet within about 2 mins. :whistle:
We finally got to the last pub to visit when the Sgt ended up locking somone up who was wanted on warrant so that sorted the rest of the evening for us.
It seems strange a bit because I dont mind working as a group now and again but I prefer to work with 1 partner doing foot patrol in hte city on a night more fun and you can interact with people more.

On sunday I decided not to go on patrol, both me and Karl decided to get out for the day on a trip, we set off up to Redcar in the car we got there and it was relativley quite so we carried onto Whitby after the dog decided to chase every football except her own on the beach.
When we got to whitby we couldn't even get a parking space so we had to carry onto Scarborough and it was absolutley packed with visitors and we realised why we hate going out on a bank holiday weekend.
We called at Stamfor Bridge on the way home and had Fish & Chips (We definatley reccommend it) and we stuffed our faces, we got home about 6 pm and we just sat and watched 'The Longest Yard' with Adam Sandler and Burt Reynolds, quite funny really will never watch it again but it was ok to watch on a Sunday night.
We then watched a programme about the Queen's Birthday celebrations and as I am very much a follower of Queen and Country united as one, it was a brilliant programme.

Ok I have no idea what I am doing this week, I will try and update you later in the week if I can.

Alex.......

#152 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:50 AM

Well what a whirlwind month I have been having I have been tearing what little bit of hair I have left out..
I have been having a stressful month with work but I happen to have a new job now, that I happen to be keeping mum about until I get settled into it a bit, but I hasten to add I am really enjoying it.

Ok, what has happened since we last spoke, (Pauses while I read last entry?)

Well I have been assisting the Division with the new system that comes online this week, it’s called BACIL (Business Against Crime in Leeds) and I have got heavily involved with the idea I have been contacting retailers and other agencies and I am currently attempting to build a database to store all the information.
Other than that , I have had a few arrests most not very exciting just the usual suspects the best one I got was I arrested somebody on suspicion of theft and it wended up getting changed to handling Stolen Goods.

I will try and update you later in the week as I have to go to work today

I am also at some attestation on Sunday, so I might see some of you there

Alex X

#153 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Well what a interesting couple of days I have had, this week I have had two very long days on shift plus started a new job this week.

I was out on Public Order on Friday and Saturday moving the Taxi’s on in the city dealing with all the local miscreants and fools, I still cant stand it when they think that they can shout abuse at us and get away with it, I have to laugh at all the women that want there photo taking with me or want to touch my bum, (((I don’t think so Ladies really))) I just ignore them and tell them to get on there way.
Other than that it has been really quite this week I have had a meeting on Sunday over what is going to be happening over the next coming months and what we can do to start moving forward in the division.
I also attended a attestation of some SC that were appointed this Sunday at Wakefield and I would like to offer them a great big welcome to the division.
Other than that I have been at home doing studying for my new job in the new role I have wich only my close friends know at the moment and other SC’s that I work with but I will reveal all in the future.

Unfortunately for you all I have decided that when I attain 10,000 hits on my Diary I will be stopping my postings and discontinuing my diary for quite a while to enable me to concentrate on other projects for a while I am completely snowed under at the moment with work and Police.
This decision is not due to pressure from other parties or other influences just I need to slow down for a while and relax.

Ok see you all later

Alex xxxxx

#154 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:20 AM

well I have started my new job and I appear to be enjoying it very much but it's still staying secret for a while I will tell you all in good time....

On the Police Front I have just built a database for the force its a new initiative that has come online that we will be using in teh near future.
Hopefully i will be able to tell you all about that in the near future.

I am very stressed out at the moment trying to remember all the work I have to complete and I keep making brash decision like I am gonna close my Diary, I no doubt will no close it as it is popular and I keep reciving complaints from people as to what they will do to me if I stop it.... (Empty threats, I tell you)

Anyway I have to do a new induction this today adn thursday so I will hopefully be able to tell you more afterwards, but all these new attestes are not on PS.com so it is upto them I am afraid if anything goes on here.

ok Speak to you all later.

Alex.... X

#155 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:40 PM

just had my Baton & Cuff refresher and I got to give Robbo a good beating......

will tell you all more later.

#156 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:30 AM

Well its that time again were I have to update my diary…..

What an interesting few weeks I have had, I have done loads of hours for the force and been tied up with loads of clerical.

I am now heavily involved with the SC at Millgarth and I have been helping to organise the new probationers first shifts as we haven’t got a SO (Section Officer) as of the moment therefore I have been acting up for the SLO (Senior Liaison Officer).

What a tiring job it has been, just yesterday alone my day started at 8am for Baton & Cuff at Eccleshill and then straight onto Operational Orders in the city doing Public Order, I finally got finished about 1am.
I slept like a baby last night……

It feels really good to see the probationers that we have worked really well with start to take strides in there own right, because right at the beginning they are attached to you like a limpet mine, just like I was I hasten to add with my tutor as well.
Now I am looking all over the places as to where they have gone and I usually find them over here or there dealing with a situation that even I didn’t see….

I just want to give Goldeneye a bit of credit he did really well last night and started to show good signs of a cracking bobby….
All I remember from working with Shelly last week is “I’m going to see the Kaiser Chiefs, the Kaiser Chiefs” My reply was ehmm, “Yeah and I predict a Riot”.

I have got heavily involved with the force’s new system starting for retailers in Leeds called BACIL (Business against Crime in Leeds) which I have given assistance by building a database for the contacts information and notes recording system.

My new job is taking up some of my time and I am finding it rather strange getting used to it, as it is a totally different field that I am working in now (No filling shelves or worrying about P&L) yes yes yes….

I am not publishing in any specific way today as I am just rambling at the moment, I am in a real great situation with Karl at the moment and things are really good at home we are content together, thank god.

I got a real rubbish crime yesterday dealing with a Criminal Damage and Obtaining Services by Deception, then to finish it off we got another criminal damage and a Possession of a Class C substance to finish it off, thankfully It was Shelly’s crime and we worked together to clear it off, but the problem was caused by a regular who couldn’t be bothered to deal with a crime and just wanted to be out on the street doing Public Order so pushed the arrest onto a new Special who like any other new SC would was asked if they wanted the lock up and as expected they said ‘yes’ I perhaps had I been new would have done the same….
I think the regular knew that if I had been there and not chasing the other idiot up the road (sorry, moving swiftly with grace and panache) I would have told the officer to sort there own bloody crimes out and not just dump them on the Specials, not only did the officer get Shelley to sort the crime out, but then had the cheek to pull me off Operational Order to come and sort the Handover Package out for the Special, while they carried on doing Public order.
This is the first time that I have considered an officer a total tosser and it is fools like him that destroy the credibility of the force in the long run, and we wonder why we are still in the dark ages when it come to relationships with other agencies, with some people we cant even keep good relations amongst ourselves let alone them.

Sorry about that just a little rant and rave at a fool that make me angry.

In Fairness, well done to Shelle……. You were ACE and made him look an even bigger fool by the standards that you were credited with by the Sgt on duty.

Quote: (Sgt: This handover Package is very thorough, it is also better that what some regulars produce)

Ok speak to you all later…

Alex X

#157 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:06 AM

Ok Good Morning

I was on duty last night doing, some plain clothes in the city with a colleauge Quite an intresting day.

It started off doing pretty much the regular thing, looking out for the local miscreants, fools and etc.
When we was asked to attend at a premises in the city, were some people were running a lot purchase were you could put your oney on a lot and you never got what you expected to get. (if you can understand that) sorry bit vague, because I dont wish to say anything that may put me or this site in a comprimising position.
When we got there the occupiers decided to be a bit tricky to deal with and not give me there details.

I was stuck in a situation but I will save that for the scenario City, for you to have a chew on.

ok, we eventually resumed back to the city and nothing much happened then so we returned to division for debreif.

I then arranged a shift the same day with another SC doing the 'Kaiser Cheifs Concert' and general foot patrol in the city, it was the second time I have ever got upset whilst on duty with the SC.

I was walking through the city when we came across somebody who was shaking uncontrollably and showing signs on the verge of Schizophrenia, it took me ages to calm them down, while at the same time I had some absolute f******g Idiot screaming in the background with a bullhorn in my ear until Shelly told them were to go with it.
It amazed me as I have never really seen a grown adult so scared in there life, but with the look and attitude of nearly losing it and trying to reign there temper in and still and talk to you.
I would have said that person had the ability to control there emotions much better than I ever could.
After chatting for about 20 mins we managed to calm them down and that was it, we both couldnt stop talking we both have a passsion for movies and books, the person was really amazing and I think shelly thought what a couple of book & movie nerds, we couldnt stop chatting about movies, we eventually got them to the train station and I ended up explaining to them how to get onto this site and to come and say hi to everyone and join in the forum, I was telling them how freindly everyoe is and that I am sure somebody would have a thread about movies somewhere.... lol

About 5 mins after talk to the person, I got somewhat upset myself, I think it's because you are staying on your toes trying to keep the person talking and relaxed and you are that focused on completing the objective you put everything else to one side and that includes even your own emotions.
Then when you can let your guard down, it gets you, it amazes me that every shift we go on we are the unsung hero's.

Ok the emotional part aside, I would like to welcome a new member if they have joined and I hope they enjoy the site and if they want to chat about about movies all they have to do is email or private message me and the chatting will start.

Ok for the rest of the shift we just carried on our foot patrol and Leeds was packed to the rafters, with 7000 people at the concert and then the rest of the city drinking on a bank holiday weekend.... mmmm

Ok today I am doing my community bit were I am assisting a colleauge at a local fair Carnival were they want a police prescence in Rothwell.

Ok speak to you all later and have fun

Alex X

#158 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

I have transfered it to my posting and deleted yours so it can stay for posterity and you a good mate to ave.
Alex

I know im not supposed to reply to your diary mate, but I'd like to defend that "accusation" that you got to give me a good beating..!!! It was more of a unprovoked mass attack by you, shak and rick..! then turned into a game of pile on with me at the bottom and you fat lumps diving on top of me..!! I was outnumbered, and shouted for help, but the others just sat there laughing..!!

A good laugh though

#159 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:23 AM

hi all

I have had a couple of shift this week but due to it being Probationers new shifts I aint publishing any details regarding there first shift, it is upto them to do that.

But I have a couple of good shifts planned this week, I am doing some plain clothes at the weekend and a really good shift on Sunday but I cannt tell you unitl after the fact with that one, but if all goes to plan it should be a good one.

Other than that I have been relativley quite..... having a great time at home with Karl and the dog & Rabbit we try and get out together as much as possible but I have been tied up a lot with the police this month.

but I will chat to you all later in the week.

Alex X

#160 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:58 AM

:whistle: :D :D :) DOUBLE WARRANT LOCK UP :lol: :D :) :D

Fighting the fear, new probationer so cant tell any more detail I am afraid.....

I am out on Sunday with Goldeneye in a part of Leeds that I can update you later with...

I am going to York, the most beautiful city in the world with Karl today, it's our most favourite pace off all.

So I shall see you all later

XXXXXl

#161 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:16 AM

Quick Lock up for a shoppie yesterday

I was on patrol in the White Rose Shopping centre, when they caught one at it red handed.

Unfortunatley for them they were on warrant so they will be a guest of the Police until the next available sitting of court on Monday morning.

Other than that I git absolutley soaked on my way home last night, I got hit in the middle of a torrential Downpour.

The centre was fairly busy and turned out to be a pretty exciting day, but I am afraid the rest remains private due to force restrictions and common sense.

Other than that I have had a amazing weekend at home with Karl, he said that I must have a guilty consience spending time at home with him.....

"I can't win, can I" If I dont do it I am damned and if I do it I am damned.... O well it's fun....

It is our 15th year anniversary on the 22nd of this month, so I dont know what to do for it yet as our tenth was a big disaster... any suggestions are welcome but it can't have anything to do with me doing duties :whistle:

Ok I have a probationer tonight (Monday) so It is upto them tonight to see if you get a posting....

See you all laters..

Alex X

#162 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

Well what a day I had yesterday, I am settling well into my new job, it is a bit strange at first but a new challenge comes out of it everyday..

I was out on Patrol last night with a new SC, who really enjoyed themselves doing the usual things like getting use to people staring constantly at them, I was asked if I enjoyed taking new probationers out on there first shift and I have to say whole heartedly that “yes, I do” I gives me great pleasure to see them settling into the role that they have spent months training really hard to achieve and they have finally got there.
Last night we got a really bad drunk slumped up against the wall, they was severely in drink but was trying to goad me into locking them up for D&D (Drunk & Disorderly) well I refused to entertain the blessed fool, the ambulance deemed there was nothing wrong with them other that alcohol related, so I resumed and continued, about 15 minuets later we received another shout up that the same person was kicking off at the public house.
Fortunately another officer who shouted up that they would deal with the drunk, which pleased me no end as you can guess.

As we resumed we just carried on doing the basic, usual foot patrol and general nosy around chatting to people.

I have had a pretty hectic few weeks at the behest of the Police, I have managed to acquire nearly £600.00 in out of pocket expenses and completed an average of 50+ hours each week for the past month and half…..

I have a project night to organise this week, which is a new idea formulated through the Officers meeting that occurred a few weeks ago, were it was discussed that we would have projects throughout the division, organised solely by the SC and the divisions would submit a suggestion to assist the SC for a change but they would achieve a common goal together.
Lets hope it works really well, as I think it would work good for the division, for those that struggle to get in on specific days and know that no matter what something will be happening on that evening.

Anyway I cannot tell you anymore details until after the event, so hopefully I will post later in the week.

Ok you lot of rabble,,,,,,….,,,,,

Take care

Alex XX

#163 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:57 AM

Well hello all

Time for a quick run down and let you know what I have been up to…..

First and foremost I wish to offer my deepest sympathy to our fallen colleague, Nisha Patel-Nasri and her family at there time of loss.

I have had quite a exciting week, I have been doing the shifts with the new recruits, who were attested last week.
I have also planned and executed a Project night that we have in our division on set days, obviously I aren’t goanna tell you the day but they were quite good fun.
I got a brilliant turn out of officers, a lot more than expected, some had to be redeployed doing other duties due to there been excessive amounts, we now realise that as long as we plan it better next time we should be able to organise it and do multiple tasks.
We ended up doing a taxi operation were we they were all getting stopped and checked in conjunction with Leeds City Council and losing there badges if they wasn’t up to the standards required.
We also ended up on Public Order duties last night with a new SC, who ended up been really good to work with, but we ended up finishing at midnight because we are planning some fun on Saturday.

We have had a reasonable good couple of days we ended up dealing with the usual people urinating in alleyways and people slumped in the road from drinking too much.
Something else happened but I have forgotten fro the life of me what it was because it was apparently very funny, I just can’t remember it.
With other things, pretty much the same at the moment I am pretty much in a rush so I will check in with you later in the week and hopefully I will have that humorous story for you.

Alex X

#164 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:28 PM

Had a really good day today.....

I want to just congratulate the SUN for finally getting something just right......

WPC Killed (no distinction)

They have improved in my esteem for awhile.

Anyway I have been doing plain clothes in the city today, just tottering answering calls and dealing with the usual problems that arise within a city and you have to deal with, I call housekeeping (lol)

Then later in the afternoon we get to deal with a Shoplifter, with my partner for the day we managed to turn around the shoppie pretty quickly....

OK I am gonna go and have some food that Karl is cooking for me, I belive we are having Pasta ans Bolognaise so I am gonna go and enjoy myself...

See you all later...

Alex XX

#165 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

Well just a quick note, I had a training day today, we specialised in theft from Person and the whole concept of the Theft Act 1968 and so on.....

Now I am gonna have some Roast Beef & Yorkshire Puds (mmmmm)

See you all later in the week

Alex x

#166 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

out tonight on Foot Patrol in the City Fighting the Fear of Crime, so they had all better behave themselves in the city.....

See you all later

#167 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:44 AM

well what a shift I had yesterday....

When I got in I was asked by the shift sarge if we had any plain clothes with us, and yipee yes we did...

"ok get out doing the Robbery and Vehicle hotspots"

Dust was in our wake...

As we was wondering around the car parks we came across a car that had been broken into and following arranging a pickup for the vehicle the owner turned up and told us they know about it, & they was waiting for someone to come and get it.....

Following sorting out that problem we set off back up the city, yes low and behold a immediate came in were a officer needed assistance, so following me RUNNING (no no no) all the way across the city centre, I when we got there it was more or less sorted out straight away.
The bobbies there got a lock up straight away.

After that it went reasonabley quite until we got called to an assault in the middle of the city and we was at the other end of the city as an immediate and again I had to RUN (no no no) across the city centre, yet when I got there the person didn't wish to pursue the matter and refused treatment at first.

So eventually it got close to 10pm our lock up cut off time and we started to head back to the nick to get changed, go home.
Low and behold we go and check some people on route and one of them is wanted for breach of bail (###!!!@@@@) so away to the Bridewell we go, prisoner in tow....

No rest for the wicked, so my mate Sam (Cracking Special) got the lock up and I got the paperwork :whistle:

I am not on Patrol today, I am going to work and then coming home for a rest, some peace and quite for a change.

But come Wed, time for play....

Ok speak to you all laters,

Alex XX

P.s I have just realised how bad my spelling actually is.....

Edited by Atrades, 16 May 2006 - 06:49 AM.

#168 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

It is with sad regret that as of today I am closing my Diary....

At 16.00 of today I tended my resignation with the West Yorkshire Police for Personal Reasons.

I wish all Specials and Regualrs every success and great future's with a brilliant force like the West Yorkshire Police.

So to everyone else take care

Alex... XX

#169 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:04 PM

Just as an afterthought I thought I would post the following information as I see it fitting really:

I earned Approxinatley :£2190.51 in expenses as follows

£1746.66 in Food Expenses

£443.85 in Miles expenses

I travelled 1345 miles getting to and from my shifts

I worked 1397.9 hours in police duties

I have used 1 pair of Magnum Patrol Boots, all the little extra gadgets that I bought only 4 became worth it in the end.

Long Handled Swivel Cuff Key
Bum Bag for tons of Paperwork
Maglite Holder
Left Handed Shoulder Harness

Following this posting I have asked the Mods to close the Diary to prevent anyone posting on it, if you wish to post messages then there is a duplicate of my final posting in the West Yorkshire Police Section.

ok Thanks for everything take Care

Lots of Love and hugs to everyone.....

Alex xxx

#170 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:10 AM

Just for an update really I have now resettled back into civillian life and I am now answering my telephone now everything is sorted out at home.

I dont know what is going to happen for the near future, but I will try and keep you all appraised about what I am doing, obviously not police duties.....

Ok See you all later

Alex X

#171 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:48 PM

I have decided to rejuvanate my web designing carrear, as I tend to spen most of my time playing on the computer I am going to put my time to some use.....

I will let you know my new domain name after I have chosen it....

#172 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

Just to let people know that my circumstances will be changing soon and i hopefully will be able to keep you all apraised of what I will be upto.....

Watch this space

:whistle: :blu: :blu:

#173 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

That's it I have done the 10,000 Mark on visits to the Site.....

DIARY CLOSED.....

#174 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

Well Hello everyone

I can actually say that I have finally got over coming out of the force, i do miss everyone dearly but life goes on.

I have asked LV to reopen my diary as I have decided to try and resume some of it.

When I have gone back and read over the diary over time I have been amazed by the things that I did, I found out the other day I mamanged to fill 4 PNB's in just under 2 years.

I am now in a new role working in a gym in Leeds been here since I left the force, suprisingly managed to lose nearly 2 stone, god now I would be able to breathe in body armour.....

I will keep calling ocassionally and saying hi and topping up my diary...

"I have been asked on many occasions do I dislike the police or anyone there"

the answer is simply No

I loved the police and all colleauges that I worked with, I gained an experience in life that most peoplw would give there right arm for.

Speak Soon

#175 Atrades

Atrades

Experienced

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

Well I have had a intresting couple of weeks as I said before I am having a change in what I do, on the 15/9 I begin training to become a councillor in self help groups.

Hopefull the training will ont be as ardous as training for the police was, dont think my body can handle that much pain anymore.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users