• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lxmanager

Lxmanager

Student

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

I know this may seem a daft and stupid question, but being new to the force these questions are popping into my head.

I understand Police Officers are required to have their warrant card with them at all times, even off duty. So while you are off duty, where or how do you carry the warrant card to avoid the possibility of you loosing it or someone pick pocketing it.

While having my uniform fitting I noticed we get a holder the size of a small wallet. My normal wallet is bulky enough in my trouser pocket (and no it's not because it's full of money) without adding the warrant card wallet as well.

Told you it would be a daft question. you can always tell the new ones can't you???

Be interested to here your replies.

#2 OFFLINE   JS

JS

Highly Experienced

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

I know this may seem a daft and stupid question, but being new to the force these questions are popping into my head.

I understand Police Officers are required to have their warrant card with them at all times, even off duty. So while you are off duty, where or how do you carry the warrant card to avoid the possibility of you loosing it or someone pick pocketing it.

While having my uniform fitting I noticed we get a holder the size of a small wallet. My normal wallet is bulky enough in my trouser pocket (and no it's not because it's full of money) without adding the warrant card wallet as well.

Told you it would be a daft question. you can always tell the new ones can't you???

Be interested to here your replies.

View Post

You are correct - you should have it with you at all times, although some people don't take it when they expect to get drunk - in case they lose it ....

I keep mine in my front trouser pocket, my normal wallet in my back pocket ... I would rather lose my ordinary wallet over my warrant card - the paperwork and potential for embarrassment is huge ! :whistle:

James

#3 OFFLINE   avenger

avenger

Always Here

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:59 PM

I carry it most places I use it as a wallet I only have one credit card so with a few quid isn't that bulky. Only disadvantage is having to open it to get cash/credit card out without flashing the badge.

#4 OFFLINE   zulu

zulu

Very Experienced

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:36 AM

You should really carry your warrant card at all times - the one time you dont have it with you is the one time you will need it! I tried to keep my wallet and warrant card seperate but they soon merged and now i just take my warrant card out with me as it has enough room to hold my cards and notes. The golden rule is to not become a warrant card flasher - take it with you by all means just dont make a point when you get it out of your pocket. I keep mine in my front pocket as its slightly harder to pick-pocket. After a while, carrying it becomes second nature and you will almost forget you have it with you. Almost...

#5 OFFLINE   Cam

Cam

Experienced

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:46 AM

Does this mean we can't have it on the belt of our jeans, badge outwards? If I have to stop going to the pub like this, I'm leaving.

#6 OFFLINE   Simjam

Simjam

Getting There

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:47 AM

;)
Not to sure about where to keep your Warrent Card LX.But don't keep your torch in your front trouser pocket you'll never live up to the expectation :grin:
:whistle:

#7 OFFLINE   cudd

cudd

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:51 AM

I keep mine within my wallet which has a clear plastic cover so its easy to flash if ever required to do so.

#8 OFFLINE   Otulakowski

Otulakowski

Training

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:25 PM

Keep it in your back pocket, you'll soon develop the policemans pat! :whistle:

#9 OFFLINE   Crusty

Crusty

Old Timer

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

I use mine as a wallet. :whistle:

#10 OFFLINE   crunchybits

crunchybits

Experienced

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

Personally I leave it at home if I am going 'out on the lash' - especailly if we go to a nightclub.

Otherwise it's always on my person - including a 'social' drink event

#11 OFFLINE   Lxmanager

Lxmanager

Student

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:21 PM

;)
Not to sure about where to keep your Warrent Card LX.But don't keep your torch in your front trouser pocket you'll never live up to the expectation :grin:

View Post

Simjam, I was wondering where they expected me to put that big torch during the uniform fitting, ;)

As long as I don't have to keep the baton in my pocket as well ;)

#12 OFFLINE   Simjam

Simjam

Getting There

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:34 PM

Simjam, I was wondering where they expected me to put that big torch during the uniform fitting,  ;)

As long as I don't have to keep the baton in my pocket as well  :whistle:

View Post

Dyna Dygion!!
Otherwise I feel (ooo er) a Frakie Howard Up Pompeii moment coming on ohh mrs Yessssss no whaaaaaaat :grin:

#13 OFFLINE   Shroomy

Shroomy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 14,834 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:27 PM

I have my warrant card with me majority of the time but I am extra careful with it after I lost my first one. ;)

I normally keep it zipped up in my jacket pocket or in my bag which is practically glued to me and clamped under my arm when I'm out and about to deter handbag snatches. :whistle:

#14 OFFLINE   Basil Fawlty

Basil Fawlty

Old Timer

• Members
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:37 PM

Glued and clamped to you? That must be both painful and awkward when out and about!

#15 OFFLINE   Shroomy

Shroomy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 14,834 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:14 PM

Harharhardehar ;)

You know what I mean :whistle:

#16 OFFLINE   Whopper MacBig

Whopper MacBig

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 17,658 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:28 PM

Does this mean we can't have it on the belt of our jeans, badge outwards? If I have to stop going to the pub like this, I'm leaving.

View Post

:grin:

I've crocheted my armpit hair into a handy sleeve-like carrier that I can just pop it into.

I only ever take it out if somebody is demanding to see my credentials or if I'm in the bath.

#17 OFFLINE   Sailor

Sailor

Old Timer

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:34 PM

:grin:

I've crocheted my armpit hair into a handy sleeve-like carrier that I can just pop it into.

I only ever take it out if somebody is demanding to see my credentials or if I'm in the bath.

View Post

What's on the other armpit?? :whistle:

#18 OFFLINE   Shroomy

Shroomy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 14,834 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

Don't encourage him Sailor. :whistle:

#19 OFFLINE   Whopper MacBig

Whopper MacBig

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 17,658 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:39 PM

What's on the other armpit?? :whistle:

View Post

Nothing. There was insufficient on the right one for the lattice work so I had to transplant across.

#20 OFFLINE   Shroomy

Shroomy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 14,834 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

And he's off..... :whistle:

#21 OFFLINE   Kevinl03

Kevinl03

Old Timer

• Members
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:51 PM

Nothing.  There was insufficient on the right one for the lattice work so I had to transplant across.

View Post

Aren't you working on a kangaroo-type abdominal pouch now?

#22 OFFLINE   Pinky

Pinky

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:37 AM

:offtopic:

Just keep it safe - that's all you need to know.

Losing your warrant card doesn't look good on your personnel file.

#23 OFFLINE   Minerva

Minerva

Always Here

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:02 AM

I always try and keep mine in my front trouser pocket and normally I can be seen, every ten paces, patting it to check I've not lost it.

Probably looks quite obscene from a distance :whistle:

#24 OFFLINE   Professional_Cynic

Professional_Cynic

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:03 AM

I always try and keep mine in my front trouser pocket and normally I can be seen, every ten paces, patting it to check I've not lost it.

Probably looks quite obscene from a distance  :whistle:

View Post

I take it thats the Policeman's Pat then?

#25 OFFLINE   Minerva

Minerva

Always Here

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:06 AM

Yes, it's like Postman Pat except there's no cat :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users