Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
recovery man

Evening standard.Armed police 'may have to shoot terrorists at the wheel' in vehicle attacks

4 posts in this topic

Armed police may shoot terrorists behind the wheel to stop vehicles being used for terror attacks, a senior officer has said.

Terror attacks in Nice, Berlin and Westminster have exposed the damage attackers can inflict using lorries or cars to plough into hugely populated areas.          http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/armed-police-will-open-fire-at-terrorists-using-vehicles-for-terror-attacks-a3518501.html

5 hours ago, recovery man said:

Armed police may shoot terrorists behind the wheel to stop vehicles being used for terror attacks, a senior officer has said.

Terror attacks in Nice, Berlin and Westminster have exposed the damage attackers can inflict using lorries or cars to plough into hugely populated areas.          http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/armed-police-will-open-fire-at-terrorists-using-vehicles-for-terror-attacks-a3518501.html

I'm not sure what sort of news flash that is. I would hope they would. But its how many they kill before they happen on an armed officer with a clear line of sight

21 hours ago, george b said:

I'm not sure what sort of news flash that is. I would hope they would. But its how many they kill before they happen on an armed officer with a clear line of sight

No one knows if it is going to happen or not but I hope the police will try to stop any Terror attacks by any means they can and if they do shoot any body in the act of terror then so be it.

1 hour ago, recovery man said:

No one knows if it is going to happen or not but I hope the police will try to stop any Terror attacks by any means they can and if they do shoot any body in the act of terror then so be it.

well I think its pretty well established that it will happen and the security forces have a good idea who it will be.

one would hope they have a better plan than try and shoot them after they have already killed 50 people, but I'm not convinced they do

1 person likes this