22 replies to this topic

#1 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hi 

Are there any serving MOD officers that would be able to tell me what the take home monthly pay is at the 4 year mark. I am seriously considering transferring for various reasons and the money issue worries me as i have heard its less. Also do reading officers get some form of south allowance. 

Many thanks, a PM would be good if people are not comfortable posting pay. I have tried contacting HR and didnt get the answers i wanted. 

#2 Joker

Joker

The Duke of Gotham

• Excluded
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I am not MOD, but I had a look and found this:

If there is no break in service as a serving Constable with a Home Department Police Force (HDPF), you will be allowed to count your previous service for annual leave entitlement purposes and retain your previous service in respect of your salary scale (less the adjustment to reflect MDP pay scales).

http://www.mod.polic...ecruitment.html

#3 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah i found that before and HR stated that it is 8.5% less

I just wanted if possible a monthly figure minus deductions i could work from when considering a transfer

#4 Sceptre

Sceptre

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

There is a slight deduction from MDP pay to take into account the smaller pension contributions compared to Home Office police officers. I found this which in section 7.10 states that "MDP pay will be calculated at the agreed figure of 95% of the pay scales that apply to Home Department Police Forces" - what a Home Department police force is I don't know but assuming it means Home Office it'll give you a rough idea of what to expect and whether it's worth bothering.

You can't be expected to show a serious interest in transferring without knowing what the TACOS will be though, so I'd keep going at the MDP until you get the information you need.

#5 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Cheers mate, ill keep questioning it. There is little info on their website and no application pack that i know of just the application form.

HR have responded with that they are unsure of what the terms and conditions will be after a review which is taking place next year. I would be nice to know whats up for negotiations before jumping ship. My guess is thats its something along the lines of including parts of the windsor review etc.. 

They have also stated that the south location allowance is up for review which if this does go i couldnt afford to transfer due to cost of living etc 

#6 Sceptre

Sceptre

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Sounds like you're best off waiting until the review's done then rather than move and find the rug gets pulled out from under you. How certain can you be they'd even post you to the south of England anyway - if it's anything like the rest of Defence your posting preferences don't count for much.

#7 modplod06

modplod06

Settling In

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

MDP are having a review of our terms and conditions, the 5% deduction is one of the things that will hopefully gone as anyone who joined within the last 10 years has always contributed to their pension. before that it was a non contributionary   pension. And officers there is a south east allowance.

#8 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah i think i am going to wait and do a little more digging. 

I cant be certain about posting. HR seem to think the majority of spaces are in Reading which i believe is the AWE division, although i take everything with a pinch of salt. I have been shafted before and expect MOD is no different

#9 RTT

RTT

I'm new!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah i found that before and HR stated that it is 8.5% less

I just wanted if possible a monthly figure minus deductions i could work from when considering a transfer

Hi, I'm at the four year point. I tried to message you and it said that you could not use the message service, let us know when you can and I'll give you the info.

#10 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Thank you mate. I have no idea, maybe i need a certain number of posts, ill let you know when it lets me. Thanks again 

#11 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hi, I'm at the four year point. I tried to message you and it said that you could not use the message service, let us know when you can and I'll give you the info.

I should be able to get messages now

#12 Dizzydee

Dizzydee

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thank you mate. I have no idea, maybe i need a certain number of posts, ill let you know when it lets me. Thanks again 

10 posts and you can PM.

#13 modplod06

modplod06

Settling In

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

The majority of the vacancies will probably be at AWE but there are vacancies in Scotland and other sites.

#14 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

The majority of the vacancies will probably be at AWE but there are vacancies in Scotland and other sites.

To be honest AWE is what i would be looking for

#15 ThomasTeddy3056

ThomasTeddy3056

I'm new!

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

super ted,

I've managed to find this table online. Best bit- it's up to date and it's quite detailed for each pay point in the MDP and what you should/could be earning in a HO force.

https://www.whatdoth...105.13.doc.html

Hope it helps answer your question, Teddy

#16 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

super ted,

I've managed to find this table online. Best bit- it's up to date and it's quite detailed for each pay point in the MDP and what you should/could be earning in a HO force.

Nice find, thanks for that mate really helpful. Dont know why HR couldnt have just sent me something like that when i asked. 

I noticed on the payscales there is a section for UKAEA PAY does anyone know what this refers to??

#17 FPO

FPO

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

super ted,

It also shows towards the end how the £17k figure was reached (8.5% less than the 19k for home office recruits) 

#18 ThomasTeddy3056

ThomasTeddy3056

I'm new!

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

I wonder how that would work for a HO transferee? Say they are on PP4 earning £30,366 then look at transferring to MDP. Would they stay on the old pay scale, less 8.5%? Or would they be placed onto the 7 new point scale?

#19 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

I wonder how that would work for a HO transferee? Say they are on PP4 earning £30,366 then look at transferring to MDP. Would they stay on the old pay scale, less 8.5%? Or would they be placed onto the 7 new point scale?

I have contacted them so should be finding that one out soon 

#20 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Apparently you stay on the sable you started on.

Training is still residential with accommodation provided

#21 super ted

super ted

I'm new!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

***Scale that should say***

#22 RTT

RTT

I'm new!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Nice find, thanks for that mate really helpful. Dont know why HR couldnt have just sent me something like that when i asked. 

I noticed on the payscales there is a section for UKAEA PAY does anyone know what this refers to??

Just sent you a PM re pay. UKAEA is the UK atomic energy authority, are they comparing MDP pay to CNC pay for transferees 

#23 mdon

mdon

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

As has been said UKAEA is the old name for the CNC. But to be honest, that pay scale is terrible, CNC and home officer are both paid more than MDP. £33k for a top whack PC is pretty low.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users