• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#51 Rocket

Rocket

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Wow. Font size has automatically changed.

I don't understand, why did the new forum automatically change the font of your post to a smaller size?

#52 Bouquaine

Bouquaine

Kaonashi of the Year

• Power Users
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

It is back to normal now! It was also automatically using strike-through font earlier...

Err...I'm using IE8... :whistle2:

EDIT: Green bar thingy is still there though.

EDIT2: Typical, just as I typed that it disappeared.

EDIT3: It appears at the top of the page when you first visit, but when you click something on the page (eg. Edit) then it disappears.

Edited by Bouquaine, 16 March 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#53 Police Constable 1

Police Constable 1

Forum Confused!

• Power Users
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Haven't seen it myself. What browser/version are you using? Might be a browser specific issue...

Its been on mine since the last forum update, it used to just say "loading" now its green with dots on it and I used IE and now on chrome and its still there

I just got used to it in the end, but as others have mentioned it, thought I would to :whistle2:

#54 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Haven't seen it myself. What browser/version are you using? Might be a browser specific issue...

Always flashing for me and yes I am on IE!

Why do some people have different font sizes, very confusing on the old eyes.

#55 Bart S

Bart S

Veteran

• Excluded
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Just to illustrate my point...

Posted Image

ukpoliceonline uses the same software as well. :whistle2:

#56 Police Constable 1

Police Constable 1

Forum Confused!

• Power Users
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

ukpoliceonline uses the same software as well. :)

I'm sure its owned by the same company :whistle2: which would explain the same software

#57 Damsel

Damsel

Forum Obsessed!

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I think the point that Sam was trying to make, is that they look too similar. Police Oracle, UKPolice Online and now PS.com, apart from the content, you might as well be on the same site.

I shall suggest that UKPO and Police Oracle change their colours :) I can see that going down lovely at NSI House :whistle2:

#58 Rocket

Rocket

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

I think the point that Sam was trying to make, is that they look too similar. Police Oracle, UKPolice Online and now PS.com, apart from the content, you might as well be on the same site.

I shall suggest that UKPO and Police Oracle change their colours :D I can see that going down lovely at NSI House :whistle2:

I'll take your word for that as I have never felt any desire to view those other forums. :new_shades:

#59 Damsel

Damsel

Forum Obsessed!

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I'll take your word for that as I have never felt any desire to view those other forums. :new_shades:

And why would you. Our forum is much better. They've even got a HATO as a mod on UKPO.... Like anyone ever listens to a HATO :lol: :whistle2: :D

#60 Bart S

Bart S

Veteran

• Excluded
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

I shall suggest that UKPO change their colours

We had ours first. :new_shades:

#61 Bas

Bas

Pity The Fool, He Does

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 14,482 posts

I'm on my phone and I like it!

I'm assuming the grey ticks top right of each post are to "like"? Rep wasn't possible on a phone before.

And you can upload images into a post which also wasn't possible before.

#62 Bart S

Bart S

Veteran

• Excluded
  • 1,881 posts

And why would you. Our forum is much better. They've even got a HATO as a mod on UKPO.... Like anyone ever listens to a HATO :lol: :new_shades: :whistle2:

That's you banned next time you're on my manor!!! :D

#63 Garion

Garion

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't seem to be able to find the favourite forums, or watched forums, or whatever it was called.

It used to be on the right hand side, and it was quite useful IMO.

I believe the sidebars have gone for good. They were fairly universally hated, you must be the exception :whistle2:

Have to say, quite disappointing to find out the new posts on a followed forum or followed threads bit from the sidebar hasn't been retained but the recent topics has been. I found that to be the most useful part of the forum, allowed me to dip in quickly and read exactly what I wanted... alas no more... :new_shades:

Since the sidebars have apparently disappeared for good... perhaps this bit needs to be updated on the "Notification Options" bit as the followed content area seems to no longer exist...

You are automatically following all topics you reply to with no notification frequency selected. This will cause the topics to show in your followed content area, but you will not receive notifications for these topics.

#64 Shikari

Shikari

Forum Legend

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Having played around with some of the new features, and generally got used to the site I think the only problem that I have a problem with, aesthetically speaking are the award bars. Whether it's just me, or the same for everyone else, it looks scruffy. There's on directly underneath another, but slightly off centre and then another one, but with a space.

Perhaps something that can be cleared up?

Aside from that minor bit of appearence, very nice indeed.

#65 Windhill

Windhill

Die Hard

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Pffttt... no neg button... :aok:

NO NEG BUTTON????????????????? :new_shades: :whistle2: :D

But how can we gang up on members who say silly things and make posts about building theme parks. Surely we won't have to tell them why we think it's silly. :lol:

Edited by Windhill, 16 March 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#66 IanW

IanW

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Using the mobile app when you go into a thread doesn't take you to the last unread post but the first post.

That's a lot of clicking next on some of the threads! :new_shades:

#67 Rocket

Rocket

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Using the mobile app when you go into a thread doesn't take you to the last unread post but the first post.

That's a lot of clicking next on some of the threads! :new_shades:

That doesn't apply to just the mobile apps. but also when you go into a thread via the computer too, and it is driving me nuts.

#68 Police Constable 1

Police Constable 1

Forum Confused!

• Power Users
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

That doesn't apply to just the mobile apps. but also when you go into a thread via the computer too, and it is driving me nuts.

If you look at the topic from the main topics list, on the left hand side there is a star, click on that and it takes you to the last post but it only works if there is a new post however it doesnt work in PM's you have to click through which is annoying

#69 IanW

IanW

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

On the mobile app you have to press the blue circle rather than the arrow to enter the post. Doesn't seem too logical that. Especially when trying to hope in/out of threads from the phone.

#70 Rocket

Rocket

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

If you look at the topic from the main topics list, on the left hand side there is a star, click on that and it takes you to the last post but it only works if there is a new post however it doesnt work in PM's you have to click through which is annoying

Thank you, yes you are correct! :new_shades:

Some are stars and some are circles, I have no idea what the difference is but I'm sure I will get the hang of it eventually!

#71 richr

richr

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Just to note that the new layout looks absolutely vile from ie8 (stuck as I am behind a .gov.uk connection at work!) - it could be we've got some odd settings applied, but it might be worth some testing.

It looks nothing like how I'm seeing it at home on chrome!

#72 Bart S

Bart S

Veteran

• Excluded
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

It's a lot better on Chrome. I'm on IE6 at work on a .gov connection. Now that is horrible!!!

#73 Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

Forum Obsessed!

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

ukpoliceonline uses the same software as well. :)

I twigged that, but colours etc are customisable... I just think it'd be worth at least changing the colours slightly so the two sites don't look like clones. But whatever. :)

#74 Fry

Fry

PoliceSpecials.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 9,937 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Is it just me, or have photographs from profiles become the new avatar on forum posts? Is a bit annoying in a way... I can't recognise people from their pics anymore.

Maybe I'm just resistant to change.

#75 Fry

Fry

PoliceSpecials.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 9,937 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Though a more sensible point about the pictures, mine looks really distorted on some screens.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users