• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Smudge.Smith

Smudge.Smith

Learning the Ropes

• Power Users
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

My employer has announced that my role is no longer required. Whilst this brings with it its own problems, they have hinted that there may be a possibility to relocate... to Cheshire ! Marevellous! Just what I wanted to hear...all the effort and work I put in over the last year into getting into the Specials, ready to start next month, only to be snatched away at the 11 hour.

If the relocation isn't offered then there is the process of having to start all over again, job searching, re-training, taking low pay just to get a foot in the door, possibility of having to work weekends/ being on call etc... - not much use when the constabulary expects you to work the weekends required for the training course.
Looks like its gonna be one tough year again and once again, my hopes, plans and aspirations have all come to nothing.

Whoever said follow your dreams because nothing is impossible, obviously never tried slamming a revolving door :-)

#2 Pikachu

Pikachu

I like kittens

• Power Users
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

My employer has announced that my role is no longer required. Whilst this brings with it its own problems, they have hinted that there may be a possibility to relocate... to Cheshire ! Marevellous! Just what I wanted to hear...all the effort and work I put in over the last year into getting into the Specials, ready to start next month, only to be snatched away at the 11 hour.

If the relocation isn't offered then there is the process of having to start all over again, job searching, re-training, taking low pay just to get a foot in the door, possibility of having to work weekends/ being on call etc... - not much use when the constabulary expects you to work the weekends required for the training course.
Looks like its gonna be one tough year again and once again, my hopes, plans and aspirations have all come to nothing.

Whoever said follow your dreams because nothing is impossible, obviously never tried slamming a revolving door :-)

Everything happens for a reason, so you will be the Chief Constable of Cheshire Police in a few years. No need to worry.

On a serious note, I hope everything goes well.

Edited by Liam, 14 February 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#3 The Manc

The Manc

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Fingers crossed you'll land on your feet and work something out :confused:

#4 Griffin

Griffin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

sorry to hear that Smudge; what work do you do?

#5 Smudge.Smith

Smudge.Smith

Learning the Ropes

• Power Users
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

sorry to hear that Smudge; what work do you do?

Well, up until the end of of April, I'm a network & comms engineer - fixing computer networks, desktop support, telephony, LAN, Server admin...that sort of stuff.

I work(ed) at Barclaycard...and they just announced 422 redundancies and in the same breath announce a profit of just under £6 billion... there's a lot of unhappy people there at the min...

I wouldn't mind so much...it's just the timing of the whole thing and the impact it may have on my up coming 'Specials' career. I was fortunate that my role there was 9-5 so fitted in with my wannabe Specials commitment...but usually this type of work involves shifts/Out of hours/On call etc, so any new role that i take will most likely end up clashing with the training weekends - the timing just sux !

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users