• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SilentWill

SilentWill

I'm new!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hey all. My induction into the specials is on 7th march and have read on an older post about an earlier induction that uniform fitting is a little while before this. So just wondering if i've missed an email or if everyone starting in march is waiting to hear about it?

thanks.

#2 Smudge.Smith

Smudge.Smith

Learning the Ropes

• Power Users
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hey all. My induction into the specials is on 7th march and have read on an older post about an earlier induction that uniform fitting is a little while before this. So just wondering if i've missed an email or if everyone starting in march is waiting to hear about it?

thanks.

Hi Mate

I received my uniform "measurement form" just over a week ago...but had no further info regarding dates for fitting etc. No even had a "contract" or a "Welcome to the club" letter, although I am aware that the start date for training is the 7th. The only other new intake member on this forum is Sparkypete and he seems to have had his uniform measurement form much earlier because he was saying he lost some weight since the measurements and he thought the uniform would no longer fit based on the info provided.

Personally I'm still waiting for the official offfer.

#3 Griffin

Griffin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

hi Will, welcome to the forum. If I were you, I'd call your contact at hr on Monday to find out the details :-)

#4 WindSwept

WindSwept

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi Mate

I received my uniform "measurement form" just over a week ago...but had no further info regarding dates for fitting etc. No even had a "contract" or a "Welcome to the club" letter, although I am aware that the start date for training is the 7th. The only other new intake member on this forum is Sparkypete and he seems to have had his uniform measurement form much earlier because he was saying he lost some weight since the measurements and he thought the uniform would no longer fit based on the info provided.

How very strange! Were on the intake before you and we all received a big letter saying welcome to the force, subject to vetting etc etc.. and then a long list of bullet point on what we had to do. Such as return a copy of the letter signed as acceptance, then contact stores to arrange a uniform fitting, contact this person and that person to arrange various aspects. And what day our induction day would be which we all needed to be present for.

The only flaw in the system was that stores hadn't been informed that 30 specials were going to call up for appointments and thus struggle to fit everyone in but would have thought they sorted that this time.. Not sure what was on your uniform sizing form but perhaps its just stores getting in early to make sure they've got enough stock in as some of us had problems getting sizes through for a few weeks.

#5 P3DRO

P3DRO

Trooper

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi Mate

I got the measurement letter and put my measurements down, but ive lost 4 inches on my waist and 4.5 inches around my chest (8 and 8.5 respectively is my current total)

After speaking to a former sc, he advised me that the uniform is more of a pick of the shelf, try on and change size if needed. "You would not wear a compression top and clown pants to work would you" was his exact quote to me.

Less than 1 month now

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users