#1 Windhill

Windhill

Die Hard

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!! :rolleyes:

This won't make me any friends:

Do we really need to discuss whether automatic capitalisation of topics or whether a slightly lighter shade of yellow smiley would be more beneficial? Yes, I know I'm over dramatising.

The mods do a fantastic job, as does LV with making beneficial improvements. Chances are, if something hasn't been done there is a good reason behind it. If we carry on like this we'll end up with pages of unnecessary 'suggestions'.

Perhaps a single suggestions topic will do for anyone who feels the need to take it upon themselves to decide they can run this place better than it already is

Annnnnnnnnd stanby for -1ing. :)

Edited by Windhill, 01 February 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#2 oddbod

oddbod

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Annnnnnnnnd stanby for -1ing. :rolleyes:

Brace yourself!

#3 Police Constable 1

Police Constable 1

Forum Confused!

• Members
  • 10,855 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!! :)

This won't make me any friends:

Do we really need to discuss whether automatic capitalisation of topics or whether a slightly lighter shade of yellow smiley would be more beneficial? Yes, I know I'm over dramatising.

The mods do a fantastic job, as does LV with making beneficial improvements. Chances are, if something hasn't been done reason behind it. If we carry on like this we'll end up with pages of unnecessary 'suggestions'.

Perhaps a single suggestions topic will do for anyone who feels the need to take it upon themselves to decide they can run this place better than it already is

Annnnnnnnnd stanby for -1ing. :)

Is this a suggestion or a comment? :rolleyes:

#4 Giraffe

Giraffe

PoliceSpecials.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 16,571 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Is this a suggestion or a comment? :rolleyes:

Yes but it's directed at the forum members as opposed to those who run the forum. :)

Joking aside, we are happy to receive feedback and suggestions - that doesn't mean that we will always run with every suggestion put forward, but they will certainly be considered on their own merits before a decision one way or the other is made.

#5 CmdKeen

CmdKeen

Conservative MP for Google

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Automatic capitalisation of topics would be an excellent thing to do! It is only a couple of lines of javascript to add to the new topic form...

See what you've done?

Edited by David, 02 February 2012 - 06:01 PM.
Weird formatting removed

#6 Windhill

Windhill

Die Hard

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Automatic capitalisation of topics would be an excellent thing to do! It is only a couple of lines of javascript to add to the new topic form...

See what you've done?

Oh no :whistle:

I've made a suggestion within a suggestion. I can't cope.:aok:

#7 Waddle

Waddle

Resident slap head

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Are you suggesting that we no longer suggest or make any suggestive comments, unless we suggest we make comments instead.?......:confused:

#8 David

David

Ninja Pussycat :)

• Moderators
  • 31,531 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Automatic capitalisation of topics would be an excellent thing to do!

Putting stuff all in capitals actually makes things harder to read and won't, overall, make the experience any better - if anything I think it will make things more confused.

#9 Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Lord and Master of All I Survey

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yes but it's directed at the forum members as opposed to those who run the forum. :huh:

Joking aside, we are happy to receive feedback and suggestions - that doesn't mean that we will always run with every suggestion put forward, but they will certainly be considered on their own merits before a decision one way or the other is made.

What he said :)

Seriously though the mods and I don't have the monopoly on good ideas, and we are always interested in hearing suggestions for how the website and forum could be improved. It's one of the reasons why I set up this area. I can't promise every suggestion will be implemented, but good ideas are very welcome.

#10 CmdKeen

CmdKeen

Conservative MP for Google

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Putting stuff all in capitals actually makes things harder to read and won't, overall, make the experience any better - if anything I think it will make things more confused.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, especially as I clearly recall thinking what I was going to say before writing that post, and I obviously completely failed to write what I meant!! Posted Image

Automatic initial letter of each word capitalisation...

Or at least the first letter the title.

#11 Shikari

Shikari

Forum Legend

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Oh no :new_hmmm:

I've made a suggestion within a suggestion. I can't cope.:raz:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users