Feb 2012 Specials Intake

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 nidgefranklin

nidgefranklin

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi all, has anyone been given the date for the 18th Feb for the specials intake.
HR have informed me that this is when they expect me to start training at Courtland Road.
Hep B Jabs started with prick one taken like a man (lol)
I am currently waiting for the final part of vetting (home office stuff) but i have been provisionally granted security clearence.

Also which Divs are we going too? i'm hoping for A Div

Edited by nidgefranklin, 13 January 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#2 R 1

R 1

Student

• Power Users
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Also which Divs are we going too? i'm hoping for A Div

You'll be placed within the division in which you currently live, unless there are exceptional circumstances which you've mentioned.

#3 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I'm currently waiting for my vetting to come back.
I didn't think it would take as long ad it has! It's been 7 weeks now since I sent the forms off.

I'm hoping it comes back ok so I can start in Feb, we shall see. :D

#4 Jamie1412

Jamie1412

Getting There

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi Guys,

I contacted HR the other day and was told that my Vetting Clearance is nearing its conclusion ! so fingers crossed I will make it on to the next intake

Cheers,

Jamie

#5 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hi jamie,

I called HR and they told me to call back early Feb and they'll let me know what's happening.
I'm unsure if I'll make Feb or not..
I never got a positive answer like you've had, when I've called to ask about the vetting I've just had "we've not heard anything yet".

I hope I make Feb!

Cheers buddy,
Good luck.

Edited by Dean Horton, 25 January 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#6 alpha

alpha

Getting There

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

I rang HR as regards to my application yesterday and they told me GD was on annual level until next Monday and I should hear back then. I guess this is why they've told you you'll hear back in Febuary too. It might be that your vetting has been completed however there's no one in the office who can tell you.

Edited by alpha, 25 January 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#7 Jamie1412

Jamie1412

Getting There

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Hi guys,

Think that sounds about right alpha! It was CN that informed me about my vetting so fingers crossed all will be okay and we will make the feb intake, remember that clint (on here) found out literally days before training started that he was starting so we will just have to be prepared for it maybe being a last minute thing.

Cheers,
Jamie

Edited by Jamie1412, 26 January 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#8 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hi peeps,

When I called HR the lady who spoke to me did say GD was on annual leave so that could be the case. I just want an answer soon, it's driving me up the wall not knowing!

I think the vetting is definetly the worst part of the application process, you just have to sit back and relax too!

I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope to see you on the Feb intake! If not Feb sometime in the future. I'll call HR next Wednesday to see if they have any news for me.

Cheers,
Dean. :huh:

#9 clint_degrey

clint_degrey

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hi peeps,

When I called HR the lady who spoke to me did say GD was on annual leave so that could be the case. I just want an answer soon, it's driving me up the wall not knowing!

I think the vetting is definetly the worst part of the application process, you just have to sit back and relax too!

I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope to see you on the Feb intake! If not Feb sometime in the future. I'll call HR next Wednesday to see if they have any news for me.

Cheers,
Dean. :unsure:

Aye, I recieved all my things on the Thursday and I was startig my first training session on the Saturday, don't worry, there are ways around these things. I was still waiting on a reference too.

I have had to email GD and got an automated response saying he is on annual leave until Monday. I'd phone anyway, that way you are talking to someone and they can't just fob you off on an email, mine isn't urgent so i'm just going to wait for him to get back to me.

Best o'luck guys!

Clint

Edited by clint_degrey, 26 January 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#10 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

I Spoke to GD this morning and he gave me the good news that he'd recieved my vetting clearance last Friday. He informed me that I'm due to start training on the 18th Feb.

I'm absolutely over the moon! I've been waiting a long time for this news!

How's everyone else holding out, with regards to their vetting?

Cheers,
Dean.

#11 clint_degrey

clint_degrey

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi,

I Spoke to GD this morning and he gave me the good news that he'd recieved my vetting clearance last Friday. He informed me that I'm due to start training on the 18th Feb.

I'm absolutely over the moon! I've been waiting a long time for this news!

How's everyone else holding out, with regards to their vetting?

Cheers,
Dean.

Thats awesome news mate! Good luck!

Clint

#12 Jamie1412

Jamie1412

Getting There

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hi dean,

Woke up this morning to see I had a missed call off a blocked number (I had a suspicion it was the police) and a voicemail... Which basically asked me if I was ready to start on the 18th feb :prone: just need to call then back now and accept

Cheers

Jamie

#13 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hi mate,

Yeah call them back!

I spoke to GD and he basically said that he wants ne to start on the 18th, I'll just have to accept. I said straight away I would and he said he'd call back later in the week to just double check I'm available to start on the 18th.

I'm not sure when we have to collect our uniform? I'm not sure if it's essential for the first few weeks or not..

Cheers buddy.

#14 Prae

Prae

Always Here

• Power Users
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm not sure when we have to collect our uniform? I'm not sure if it's essential for the first few weeks or not..

Cheers buddy.

You start wearing uniform after the induction weekend, you'll get the number for stores to ring and arrange a fitting with your welcome pack. :)

#15 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi Prae,

So I take it you get the uniform before the induction weekend but we don't acctually start wearing it until after the first weekend?

#16 Prae

Prae

Always Here

• Power Users
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Usually that is the case, sometimes someone doesn't get it because they've run out of their sizes at stores and some people start before vetting is clear and aren't allowed uniform until it clears. Most of the time you get it about a week before the induction.

Congrats by the way!

#17 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Cheers mate, I'm really looking forward to starting! I've waited a long time for this, so I can't wait!

I imagine I'll see you around at some point.

How have your first few shifts been? You'll have had a few in the bag now won't you?

Cheers!

#18 Jamie1412

Jamie1412

Getting There

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hi Dean,

Called them back this afternoon and its all go !

Really cant wait to start, possibly might be in your group for training (i think they said it was 2 groups of 16 at the assessment centre)

It's been a long 6 months, but its definately going to have been worth the wait :p roll on the 18th

Cheers,

Jamie

#19 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi Jamie,

That's cracking news! The assessment centre was two groups of 16 but I'm insure if all, who attended, will be on the next intake as some will have started in Jan.

The acctual group for the intake will be one group I think? Unless they'll be running two groups, I'm uncertain.

I just want the 18th to hurry up!

Congratulations by the way bud.

Dean. :)

#20 Jamie1412

Jamie1412

Getting There

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi Dean,

Yeah it was the intake group i was referring to :rolleyes: im sure the lady said they run 2 groups of 16 for training..

Any of you guys watch channel 4's Coppers on monday night ? it was an episode about new recruits fresh out of training ! soon to be us

Cheers,

Jamie

#21 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

They're large groups aren't they?

I think we'll vet all the info sent through the pose next week at some point. It can't come quick enough!

:rolleyes:

#22 Camshaft

Camshaft

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hi all, just signed up...

Also received the call yesterday regarding start date and I'll also be there on the 18th at Courtland Road.

Likewise, it's been a long time coming. Posted Image

#23 NexivWho

NexivWho

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Good luck all :D

Just remember to turn up early at all times (never late).
Make sure (when you get your uniform) to travel with it COVERED UP at all times! Its quite exciting getting your uniform for the first time and putting it on etc. But if a member of the public spots you in Police uniform they will think you are a fully warrented officer and expect you to deal with anything they ask! I cannot stress this enough.
Make sure you pay attention in your lessons as there are a few tests at the end, including role plays.

If anyone has any questions just give me a PM :)

#24 Dean Horton

Dean Horton

Training

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hi nexivWho,

Yeah I've been told the course is enjoyable but very intense with lots to take on board!
I must admit though, I'm really ready and looking forward to the challenge!

Would you recommend taking a notepad and a decent couple of pens then when we start?

Oh and the role-plays, I take it they're so you can put into practice what you've learnt?

Cheers,
Dean.

#25 NexivWho

NexivWho

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi nexivWho,

Yeah I've been told the course is enjoyable but very intense with lots to take on board!
I must admit though, I'm really ready and looking forward to the challenge!

Would you recommend taking a notepad and a decent couple of pens then when we start?

Oh and the role-plays, I take it they're so you can put into practice what you've learnt?

Cheers,
Dean.

Hi Dean,

Yeah the course itself is very good and the trainers are all great too!

Yeah take a notepad and 3 or 4 pens with you as youll have to write down notes and you also write in your pocket note book when you get it. You do get handouts of the powerpoint presentations but its also good practice to write your own notes down.

The role plays are great! You will be into practice what you learn throughout the training, quoting law and sections and finding out what offences people are committing :( Its all great and you will learn loads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users