Please can somebody remove the massive Uniform Dating Banner Dating Banner from the bottom of my screen?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 MindTheGap

MindTheGap

GLEE Rocks

• Power Users
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Right, enough.

It's been sorted, so everyone can put the handbags away.

Also, I find it ironic that so many people are moaning about a banner, yet some of the signatures on here are shocking.

So with immediate effect, I shall try and find my thread on signatures, and start chopping. You've been warned.

A lot of signature sizes on here are FAR worse than the banner was.

A little perspective please. NSI have listened to complaints, and acted accordingly.

To say they are ruining the site with spam and ads is, quite frankly, uncalled for.

EDIT: I've found the thread, originally started by Sidious, and bumped several times by myself and others.

Please adjust your signatures to avoid having them adjusted for you.

In fairness we can chose whether or not we view sigs, not a huge rollover ad at the bottom of the page. It's also not fair to compare the two, the sizes weren't the issue with me, it's teh principle of looking to extract money out of people already paying.

Glad it has been sorted, but I don't think it's right for you to compare sigs to an advert designed for commercial gain. I'm also sure a member on here would listen if told their sig was worse than that advert.

#102 Bas

Bas

Pity The Fool, He Does

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 14,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

It's certainly right to compare the two when some signature images are taking up half a screen!

I appreciate for you it's the principle, however we do receive complaints about signature sizes, and I think it needs addressing again.

People shouldn't have to turn off signature view just because a few decide to have huge graphics in theirs.

#103 Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Lord and Master of All I Survey

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Morning all, wasn't on the forum at all yesterday due to working an early and then busy after work, so I've come to this rather late... I didn't even get to see the Uniform Dating banner in all it's glory!

Let me assure you that NSI are a good bunch of people (run by ex coppers and including at least two serving Specials on their staff), they understand that this forum is a real community with people who are passionate about it, and they appreciate all feedback. Although the site is now run as a commercial concern (and that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, if it is, then you need a reality check) they have always been very careful about not appearing to shove adverts, promotions etc. down members throats. Maybe the UD banner was just a step too far! But NSI have listened and removed it pretty quickly, without any need for me to even get involved. So they deserve lots of kudos for that, I hope you'll agree.

NSI and I are in discussions about how we can improve the Power User offering and one key thing we both want to do is to make ps.com AD FREE for Power Users. There are some technical issues involved with that and these changes have to fit in with all the other work that's planned at the moment, including for example an upgrade of the forum software (we are a few versions behind the latest one).

So, patience please and have some trust that NSI and I have your best interests at heart. We all love PS.COM and aren't about to throw the baby out with the bathwater (to use a very old fashioned phrase, you youngsters will have to look it up on wikipedia :D)

#104 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Morning all, wasn't on the forum at all yesterday due to working an early and then busy after work, so I've come to this rather late... I didn't even get to see the Uniform Dating banner in all it's glory!

Let me assure you that NSI are a good bunch of people (run by ex coppers and including at least two serving Specials on their staff), they understand that this forum is a real community with people who are passionate about it, and they appreciate all feedback. Although the site is now run as a commercial concern (and that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, if it is, then you need a reality check) they have always been very careful about not appearing to shove adverts, promotions etc. down members throats. Maybe the UD banner was just a step too far! But NSI have listened and removed it pretty quickly, without any need for me to even get involved. So they deserve lots of kudos for that, I hope you'll agree.

NSI and I are in discussions about how we can improve the Power User offering and one key thing we both want to do is to make ps.com AD FREE for Power Users. There are some technical issues involved with that and these changes have to fit in with all the other work that's planned at the moment, including for example an upgrade of the forum software (we are a few versions behind the latest one).

So, patience please and have some trust that NSI and I have your best interests at heart. We all love PS.COM and aren't about to throw the baby out with the bathwater (to use a very old fashioned phrase, you youngsters will have to look it up on wikipedia :))

Thanks for the update LV. I guessed (quite wrong of me), that you told NSI to remove the UD banner. However, I would like to thank NSI for reviewing the feedback members have provided on this and taking swift action as a result of that said feedback.

Thanks again.

#105 Shikari

Shikari

Forum Legend

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Quite an interesting thread, which due to my flippin' annoying lack of internet over teh past few days, I managed to miss competely. I wont, therefore, bother you with my opinions on AD free PS.com or the AD bars etc (I have Mozilla, but I still get one at the top. They genuinely don't bother me).

What i'd like to know is who's been -1ing perfectly reasonable, and not at all controversial comments, on both sides of the argument. Or indeed anything that deserved being negged, in my opinion. MODs, maybe you should look into it- Troll maybe?

Edited by Shikari, 11 January 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#106 MindTheGap

MindTheGap

GLEE Rocks

• Power Users
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Quite an interesting thread, which due to my flippin' annoying lack of internet over teh past few days, I managed to miss competely. I wont, therefore, bother you with my opinions on AD free PS.com or the AD bars etc (I have Mozilla, but I still get one at the top. They genuinely don't bother me).

What i'd like to know is who's been -1ing perfectly reasonable, and not at all controversial comments, on both sides of the argument. Or indeed anything that deserved being negged, in my opinion. MODs, maybe you should look into it- Troll maybe?

I think it's the age old internet issue; somebody disagrees with moderators, normal members feel compelled to attack that person.

#107 Gallifrey

Gallifrey

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Just out of interest I don't suppose anyone from NSI is planning to do a free three day voucher code for paid users of PS.COM :aok:

Edited by Gallifrey, 09 March 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#108 Gallifrey

Gallifrey

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Ah well was worth a try lol :aok:

#109 cfnbryn

cfnbryn

Damsel's Pet Welshman

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Just out of interest I don't suppose anyone from NSI is planning to do a free three day voucher code for paid users of PS.COM :unsure:

Is that all it will take you to find 'the one' on UD? Three Days!? :p

#110 Gallifrey

Gallifrey

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

well was just hoping I could get three free days to reply to someone on there lol

Edited by Gallifrey, 10 March 2012 - 11:13 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users