24 replies to this topic

#1 jcj_2812

jcj_2812

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi all,

Happy new year to you all! I attested yesterday, was a really good experience to finally get the warrant card!

Sorry if this has been covered before, I've had a look through but can't find anything specific about it. I have my first induction day next Friday with my borough. I understand that you need to complete a certain amount of NCALT packages before you are 'released on the streets'. I know that certain topics need to be completed at a station, but can we access the others from home? And how do you go about doing so? I've looked at the NCALT.com website, but I got a bit lost...

Any info would be much appreciated, many thanks!

#2 samt

samt

Trooper

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

was a really good experience to finally get the warrant card!

Sorry if this has been covered before, I've had a look through but can't find anything specific about it. I have my first induction day next Friday with my borough. I understand that you need to complete a certain amount of NCALT packages before you are 'released on the streets'. I know that certain topics need to be completed at a station, but can we access the others from home? And how do you go about doing so? I've looked at the NCALT.com website, but I got a bit lost...

Don't you mean to become a fully-fledged Special Constable? Getting the warrant card shouldn't excite you so much; the individual holds the powers, the warrant card is only proof. Posted Image

You should be able to access NCALT at home but if you log-in from a force system you may inexplicably find that the course doesn't show as completed. I'd say it's best, now that you have your warrant card, to pop along to your local station and do the courses from there.

#3 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

NCALT is still offline and in a transition to launch the new updated NCALT learning portal. As such new officers are unable to complete the packages until we can login.

#4 oohraa

oohraa

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi all,

Happy new year to you all! I attested yesterday, was a really good experience to finally get the warrant card!

You will need to complete the terrorism and firearms packages at the station.

You should also be given a list of which NCALT's need to be completed at your induction. Every Borough is different when it comes to what NCALT's need to be completed but I think its best just to do them all :) I couldn't tell you how to navigate it as I believe its all changed since I completed mine.

Good luck!

Don't you mean to become a fully-fledged Special Constable? Getting the warrant card shouldn't excite you so much; the individual holds the powers, the warrant card is only proof. Posted Image

You should be able to access NCALT at home but if you log-in from a force system you may inexplicably find that the course doesn't show as completed. I'd say it's best, now that you have your warrant card, to pop along to your local station and do the courses from there.

You really are starting to annoy me with your petty and pointless posts . Posted Image

#5 Andy_M

Andy_M

Settling In

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

You really are starting to annoy me with your petty and pointless posts . Posted Image

:) :)

#6 jcj_2812

jcj_2812

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

I didn't say I am more excited about getting the warrant card more than being a fully-fleged Special Constable, otherwise I wouldn't have committed the time and effort... You can't neccessarily use the powers you hold, unless you have the warrant card, so that's what I am more excited about...but thanks anyway :/

Thanks for the info from the other people, I'll just hang on until my induction day

#7 SBG

SBG

PoliceSpecials.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 16,291 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

jcj_2812 - welcome - NCALT is being upgraded and is having some issues try again in a few days

#8 fruitandveg

fruitandveg

Resident Greengrocer

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hi all,

Welcome to the fold my friend! :blu:

I've just been on NCALT after the long term outage - seems that they've done a massive update and all is working well. Go to http://mle.ncalt.com/ on Internet Explorer (I found many problems in other browsers and NCALT recommend IE) and give it a punt - it may be back off again in which case I stand corrected.

Most packages are available at home although a few are denoted that they contain protectively marked stuff so it's to the nick with you for those!

#9 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

NCALT is still offline and in a transition to launch the new updated NCALT learning portal. As such new officers are unable to complete the packages until we can login.

jcj_2812 - welcome - NCALT is being upgraded and is having some issues try again in a few days

Thanks for supporting my post sir, clearly people didn't agree with me with the neg :blu:

#10 Juliet Sierra

Juliet Sierra

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I logged in fine just now. Posted Image

#11 Warrior87

Warrior87

Settling In

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

NCALT has been up and running for about 2 weeks now, the system still reakons I havnt done packages which I did ages ago!!!

#12 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I logged in fine just now. Posted Image

Yup you're correct. I tried last night and still had the offline message.

Cheers JS, great help +1.

#13 Juliet Sierra

Juliet Sierra

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

But you still didn't need to be neg'ed so I've fixed that.

#14 IanW

IanW

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

NCALT has been up and running for about 2 weeks now, the system still reakons I havnt done packages which I did ages ago!!!

I was going to say i am sure i did a refresher on a package a few weeks ago when it was back up!

It even worked via Safari on my Mac! :blu:

#15 Warrior87

Warrior87

Settling In

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

I was going to say i am sure i did a refresher on a package a few weeks ago when it was back up!

It even worked via Safari on my Mac! :prone:

ncalt = zzzzzzz

jokes :aok:

#16 NewhamSC

NewhamSC

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

What is my user name on NCALT, I have forgotten.
Is it MSCXXXXXX (warrant number)
Cheers!

#17 Wcarnby

Wcarnby

Trooper

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

What is my user name on NCALT, I have forgotten.
Is it MSCXXXXXX (warrant number)
Cheers!

mps_s[warrant]

Also I need a ncalt package on how to log in to ncalt.

#18 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nice little addition on the new system, Required training so will be much easier for officers to quickly access their mandatory courses.

#19 Corbs

Corbs

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Not worth another thread; I've done a few modules on NCALT, and have done one MPS specific one, but it's not logging as completed, despite the fact that I have, at least three times... Any ideas?

#20 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Not worth another thread; I've done a few modules on NCALT, and have done one MPS specific one, but it's not logging as completed, despite the fact that I have, at least three times... Any ideas?

Seems this is a common error. I had to assist a new officer today with getting it fixed, by assisted I mean tell him to phone 69555. The DOI will then remove some of your bugged files and the system will show you as completed.

Hope this helps.

#21 Corbs

Corbs

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Seems this is a common error. I had to assist a new officer today with getting it fixed, by assisted I mean tell him to phone 69555. The DOI will then remove some of your bugged files and the system will show you as completed.

Hope this helps.

I was thinking of trying that, but it's an NPIA system and I'm doing it from my home PC, not an AWARE terminal, shall try them tomorrow, thanks Ben. (Is there a non MetPhone # for them?)

#22 IanW

IanW

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I was thinking of trying that, but it's an NPIA system and I'm doing it from my home PC, not an AWARE terminal, shall try them tomorrow, thanks Ben. (Is there a non MetPhone # for them?)

http://www.ncalt.com/contact_us.asp

#23 Mr Benn

Mr Benn

Learning the Ropes

• Power Users
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

I used NCALT this morning for an hour or so and is was working fine and the courses I have completed over the past couple of months have appeared on my HR training record.

I did have a few issues with the log in from home until I contacted the help desk by email and they informed me of the changes to the user name format.

#24 Numpty

Numpty

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I logged into MetHR this evening and there's a nifty little function to see basically everything the Met knows about you, including (I was quite impressed, given how many times I've been kicked out of NCALT before, during and after packages) every NCALT you have done. It even noted the one which I had to do three times because the system "forgot" me somehow :rolleyes:

#25 Switch

Switch

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Yeah I thought that but seems as they are the course provider they have full access to the backend of the system.

Don't know an external sorry as its not contacting the NPIA but DOI.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users