Regular rumours

7 replies to this topic

#1 burgess118

burgess118

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hello all. Basically trying to find out the latest on Regular recruitment drives, I was a special for 3 years with Kent police while at Uni. That was two years ago... and yet still waiting for either Norfolk/ Suffolk too start their recruiment. I have heard rumours Suffolk are due to start in Easter. Any such good news across the border? I live in Diss, so am hoping either way there will be good news and ill be poised to jump on the bandwagon!!

Regards
Burgess118

#2 Killicksparker

Killicksparker

Forum Legend

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hello all. Basically trying to find out the latest on Regular recruitment drives, I was a special for 3 years with Kent police while at Uni. That was two years ago... and yet still waiting for either Norfolk/ Suffolk too start their recruiment. I have heard rumours Suffolk are due to start in Easter. Any such good news across the border? I live in Diss, so am hoping either way there will be good news and ill be poised to jump on the bandwagon!!

Regards
Burgess118

Sorry to disappoint you, but the last I heard was that Suffolk would not be recruiting for at least 12 months, and then they would be recruiting from current SC/PCSO strength

#3 contego

contego

Getting There

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

Regards
Burgess118

I heard a rumour from a friend of a friend who works for Suffolk Police - apparently recruitment is being opened soon.

I can't comment on how reliable this is though as I've never personally spoken to the person before. Strange timing though if you've heard similar things?

#4 peck06

peck06

Training

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

*see reply in Suffolk Section*

I have also heard (unofficially) that Norfolk will be recruiting at the same time as Suffolk, as a joint recruitment drive. However, from what I understand Norfolk still has a few on their books to get through so these people will probably go first.

#5 Jordio1111

Jordio1111

Student

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

You're probably looking at quite a wait. I was speaking to one of my trainers and he said that they are expecting to open the doors for recruitment again in a year or so. But there is such a backlog of previous applicants who passed everything but couldn't join due to the cuts etc. So once that is cleared your probably going to be looking at 2 years. There will be a need to recruit as people do unfortunately do get sick and others also retire. Hope this helps!

#6 fodfather

fodfather

Experienced

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Reading this is giving me a bit of hope. I applied in May 2009 [passed papersift] Fitness Test September 2009 [passed] Assessment Centre March 2010 [passed whoop whoop]

Been on hold since. Cryogenically frozen awaiting (patiently) the next part of this journey.

Been a BTP special since 2008 and love it.

:p

#7 peck06

peck06

Training

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Reading this is giving me a bit of hope. I applied in May 2009 [passed papersift] Fitness Test September 2009 [passed] Assessment Centre March 2010 [passed whoop whoop]

Been on hold since. Cryogenically frozen awaiting (patiently) the next part of this journey.

Been a BTP special since 2008 and love it.

:unsure:

If you read the EDP today it says Norfolk are planning to recruit 48 PC's in the next financial year, although it doesn't state in which part of that financial year they will recruit (if they do). There is a link to the article in the Suffolk Section on page 2 of the regular rumours thread.

#8 fodfather

fodfather

Experienced

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

48 in the next financial year, thatd be 4 x intakes of 12 as i wouldve thought 2 x intakes of 24 would be a bit much? Be good if it happened and for all those who applied way back in 2009 :aok:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users