#1 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Now I've finally passed!!!!!!

Anyone on the same intake?

I'm guessing thast some people may not know yet, as mine's an old application where I had to go through more medical, so I'm not running on the same timeline as the rest of your guys in relation to the assessment and medical as such!

I'm willing to give a bit of advice for the process, but please be aware I've been in it since Sept 2010, so my mind's not as fresh as it could be!

EDM

#2 Dale-Staffs

Dale-Staffs

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Now I've finally passed!!!!!!

Anyone on the same intake?

I'm guessing thast some people may not know yet, as mine's an old application where I had to go through more medical, so I'm not running on the same timeline as the rest of your guys in relation to the assessment and medical as such!

I'm willing to give a bit of advice for the process, but please be aware I've been in it since Sept 2010, so my mind's not as fresh as it could be!

EDM

Its been a long haul for you buddy, glad you finally got there and well done for you perseverance and patience.

Good luck with training.

D

#3 Buck

Buck

Mr rabbit

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Congrats! Where are you hoping to be based?

#4 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

I'm wondering that myself! From the letter they might have a few places that they need officers (they've already said Eastern BCU) Hopefully Macc or Wimslow, but really Cong, or that area would be OK!

Just mainly as I live just over the Northern Border, some palces, despite being close, are a pain to get to!

#5 Buck

Buck

Mr rabbit

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

I work in Wilmslow so obviously I favour it a little, but we're a bit overloaded with Specials at the moment so I think you'll be unlikely to get there. Macc is the same as far as I hear. It mostly depends on how many of us make IPS before your intake goes operational...

You'll get asked where you want most likely and if they can accomodate you they will, when I started they just asked our entire intake where we wanted and only moved 2/3 people around. The whole Eastern BCU is great to work in though, the best BCU in the best force :huh:

#6 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Handforth is another area to look at, I'm don't mind Cong, or possibly Crewe, but really Nantwich is just awkward to get to really, so I don't want to be frustrated byt he time I get to the station!

#7 wanabe

wanabe

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Handforth is covered by Wilmslow.

#8 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Handforth is covered by Wilmslow.

I realised that after I posted it, but never saw the need to change it until you cam along and made me cry over it! What I think I think I meant to say was Knutsford! (At work at the momnet, but they sent me a BCU map in the post).

#9 wanabe

wanabe

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Knutsford is good they work very close with Wilmslow

#10 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Knutsford is good they work very close with Wilmslow

I should hope they work close - They're next door! I know it sounds made, but GMP have issues where the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand! Not the PC's faults, but sometimes in my job you see how much time is wasted because of a lack of communication!

#11 TA23

TA23

I'm new!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi guys,

I'm also starting on the 21st! Even better, I'm also in Eastern BCU and I also want to be at Wilmslow!

#12 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

It seems Wilmslow will have more specials than regs! Well, well done for getting through! I've only been told about the first Saturday and then the week we need, I know they said they'd send us the training rota when it's done.

Are you a STAB or Ex STAB by any chance? It's either that or your initials!

Look forward to seeing you in just under 3 weeks!!!

#13 TA23

TA23

I'm new!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

No, not ex-STAB but I am ex-Ambulance Service!

Look forward to meeting you if we didn't meet on the assessment day!

#14 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

No, not ex-STAB but I am ex-Ambulance Service!

Look forward to meeting you if we didn't meet on the assessment day!

Doubt we met on the assesment date - I did mine last Nov (2010)! I was delayed due to asthma - check my sig block for the years I've spent trying!

#15 TA23

TA23

I'm new!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Doubt we met on the assesment date - I did mine last Nov (2010)! I was delayed due to asthma - check my sig block for the years I've spent trying!

Oh blimey! I'm asthmatic too, but only mildly so I had no trouble. Well done for finally getting in.

#16 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Oh blimey! I'm asthmatic too, but only mildly so I had no trouble. Well done for finally getting in.

I had the brown inhaler, (only becuase my doctor when I moved back up here thought it would be good for me) then after testing was put on the purple seretide 500! Pretty good stuff, hardly touch the blue now, but will look at it being reduced soon.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users