Photo
- - - - -

MARCH 2012 INTAKE ANYONE?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#1 wikki

wikki

I'm new!

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone applied for the March 2012 intake for Specials? If so where are you all at with your apps? I have has my interview and passed that but still waiting for the force to get back to me with medical test date so im assuming they are still doing background checks.. Is anyone else in the same position????????????????????????????????

#2 whisper2011

whisper2011

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

depends where you have applied for, if they have a start in Jan and your medical and background checks are complete they will more than likely start you as soon as the next one is available. Didn't think it was a case of you CHOOSING what month
you start

Each one is different in various ways

#3 Andrew999

Andrew999

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

You apply for a specific bi-yearly intake in Strathclyde though can get deferred if part of the process takes too long.

I have has my interview and passed that but still waiting for the force to get back to me with medical test date so im assuming they are still doing background checks..

Not to hear back about vetting is a good thing; you've probably passed. Then they get the nurses / doctors into Jackton so tend to arrange medicals all at the same time, and it may be a while until enough folk reach the stage you are at.

Well done for passing the interview wikki!

#4 ewanmclean

ewanmclean

I'm new!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

I put my app in Thursday there when it closed, might see you sometime if we both pass everything.

#5 wikki

wikki

I'm new!

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

Thanks Andrew and Ewan for your replies. I kind of got put at ease at least a little by you saying not hearing from them with regards to background checks is a good thing! Lets wait and see.

I should have been more specific in the first post. I havent 'chosen' a specific start date. I appled for the March 2012 intake for Strathclyde Police. Goodluck to you guys that have applied and hopefully see you guys soon! If anyone hears anything with regards to this intake please let me know as im checking the post everyday first thing in the morning!

#6 pipes90

pipes90

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hey folks.

I'm at the same stage - applied for March 2012 intake and passed interview. Just waiting to (hopefully!) pass the vetting and receive my medical date.

Good luck to all applying and hopefully see you soon :unsure:

Mike

#7 RyanF109

RyanF109

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hi all,

Has anyone applied for the March 2012 intake for Specials? If so where are you all at with your apps? I have has my interview and passed that but still waiting for the force to get back to me with medical test date so im assuming they are still doing background checks.. Is anyone else in the same position????????????????????????????????

When I passed my interview it took so long to hear back for my medical that I missed the Summer 2008 intake and ended up in the November 2008 intake. It's a pain but can't be helped.

#8 wikki

wikki

I'm new!

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hi guys,

Anyone heard back for the Special Contsbale intake MArch 2012? Im still waiting on the medical date..much appreciated if anyone in the same boat can let me know as Im still waiting!

#9 The Globe

The Globe

I'm new!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'm at the stage of sitting the SET's for the March intake. Anyone else at that stage just now?

#10 Zulu Bravo

Zulu Bravo

I'm new!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm at the stage of sitting the SET's for the March intake. Anyone else at that stage just now?

Hi The Globe

Same here...got them next week! What about you?

Zulu Bravo

#11 Frankieboy

Frankieboy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi The Globe

Same here...got them next week! What about you?

Zulu Bravo

Aye lads i'm sitting mine the morra, i'm assuming it's the march one i'm in as it's too early for the september i'd imagine.

Strange they have so many sitting them this close to the intake.

Good luck anyway.

#12 wikki

wikki

I'm new!

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Aye lads i'm sitting mine the morra, i'm assuming it's the march one i'm in as it's too early for the september i'd imagine.

Strange they have so many sitting them this close to the intake.

Good luck anyway.

So i take it nobody else has had the interview yet? With regards to the SET< if you have been using the practise papers etc then expect pretty much the same idea. There will be 2 or 3 questions in the numbers and info handling that are more complicated than any of the practise papers so try not to memorise how to do those particular questions. As long as you know the method you'll be fine. I know its quite easy but if your over 25 then it would have been a while since you crunched numbers like that! So just remember how you do things..

So goodluck with the SET's and if anyone is awaiting medical plz let me know as im eagerly waiting!

#13 pipes90

pipes90

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Passed vetting and got medical date of 6th Feb! Filled in occupational health forms at Jackton yesterday and signed conditional acceptance. Woop Posted Image

Mike

Edited by pipes90, 26 January 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#14 wikki

wikki

I'm new!

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Passed vetting and got medical date of 6th Feb! Filled in occupational health forms at Jackton yesterday and signed conditional acceptance. Woop Posted Image

Mike

Mike well done and good for you! You must be well chuffed.. Im stilll waiting I think im going to call them to see whats going on.

When did you have your interview for this position and when did you get the letter for the medical? Did the medical come saying you passed the vetting or was it 2 different letters? Hope you dont mind my asking just a bit anxious!

#15 pipes90

pipes90

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

When did you have your interview for this position and when did you get the letter for the medical? Did the medical come saying you passed the vetting or was it 2 different letters? Hope you dont mind my asking just a bit anxious!

Interview was mid-September.
Got called yesterday from recruitment saying I had passed the vetting stage and was I able to come in to fill out the occupational health questionnaire (they could have posted it but seemed much easier if I just popped in). While I was in Jackton I picked up the two letters - medical date one and the other saying I had passed vetting, info about the conditional offer (i.e. pass the medical and substance misuse test) and details on how to arrange an appointment for uniform fitting!
I'm sure it won't be too long for you wikki, they probably have a lot of work to be doing in recruitment. Good luck!

#16 legsxyz

legsxyz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi guys,

Anyone heard back for the Special Contsbale intake MArch 2012? Im still waiting on the medical date..much appreciated if anyone in the same boat can let me know as Im still waiting!

Hey! Got my medical on weds 1st feb for the 4th march intake. Also, got the drugs test on the 13th, does anyone know what they do for this.... Do they cut off a chunk of ur hair or is it a urine test? Any info anyone's got would be fab thanks! May see some of you's at Jackson if all goes well :rolleyes: x

#17 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hey! Got my medical on weds 1st feb for the 4th march intake. Also, got the drugs test on the 13th, does anyone know what they do for this.... Do they cut off a chunk of ur hair or is it a urine test? Any info anyone's got would be fab thanks! May see some of you's at Jackson if all goes well :w00t: x

They cut off about 50 hairs from the crown of your head (its honestly alot less than it sounds!) :)

make sure and inform them if you dye/bleach your hair, they should ask as there is a space on the form, but just in case they don't as i never got asked and luckily can read upside down and noticed :rolleyes:

Edited by andyfofo, 31 January 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#18 legsxyz

legsxyz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

1327969009[/url]' post='2191666']
They cut off about 50 hairs from the crown of your head (its honestly alot less than it sounds!) :)

make sure and inform them if you dye/bleach your hair, they should ask as there is a space on the form, but just in case they don't as i never got asked and luckily can read upside down and noticed :rolleyes:

Ah right I see, so I won't be left with a bald patch then?! This is what I was worrying about lol!
Why do they need to know if you bleach or dye your hair? Does it make a difference if you do or not? X

#19 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Ah right I see, so I won't be left with a bald patch then?! This is what I was worrying about lol!
Why do they need to know if you bleach or dye your hair? Does it make a difference if you do or not? X

no you certainly wont dont worry :rolleyes:
it doesnt make a difference whether you do or not, its whether you tell them or not (i do and told them, and i passed no problem)... they will ask you several questions like that, the answers to which are noted on the form, don't worry about it though... its nothing scary and they are all relatively straight forward and the nurse is always happy to answer any questions you have, such as why the questions are asked :)

#20 legsxyz

legsxyz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

1327970485[/url]' post='2191685']
no you certainly wont dont worry :rolleyes:
it doesnt make a difference whether you do or not, its whether you tell them or not (i do and told them, and i passed no problem)... they will ask you several questions like that, the answers to which are noted on the form, don't worry about it though... its nothing scary and they are all relatively straight forward and the nurse is always happy to answer any questions you have, such as why the questions are asked :)

Aw ok that is great help :w00t: thanks fofo! I may just let the nurse assume whether my rather bright red hair is au naturale or not if it doesn't make a difference then ha thanks again xxx

#21 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

Aw ok that is great help :D thanks fofo! I may just let the nurse assume whether my rather bright red hair is au naturale or not if it doesn't make a difference then ha thanks again xxx

always happy to help :w00t:

the one piece of advice i shall give you is to start dying your hair out now, or at least as soon as you find out if you've been successful... having your hair dyed an "un-natural" colour is against uniform standards, it wont affect you in the application process ( there were 2 girls on my intake with similarly bright red hair who got accepted onto the course) but one of them showed upto to the first day of training with her hair still bright red... and was told in no uncertain terms that it was unacceptable in a very loud and vocal manner... :rolleyes:

not to scare you, everyone usually makes mistakes on the first day with uniform standards including myself (guys not having there hair short enough, girls not having it tied back in the correct fashion, etc.) and allowances are made because its the first day, but turning up with your hair bright red, well... just don't do it, trust me :)

#22 legsxyz

legsxyz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

1327971499[/url]' post='2191694']
always happy to help :w00t:

the one piece of advice i shall give you is to start dying your hair out now, or at least as soon as you find out if you've been successful... having your hair dyed an "un-natural" colour is against uniform standards, it wont affect you in the application process ( there were 2 girls on my intake with similarly bright red hair who got accepted onto the course) but one of them showed upto to the first day of training with her hair still bright red... and was told in no uncertain terms that it was unacceptable in a very loud and vocal manner... :rolleyes:

not to scare you, everyone usually makes mistakes on the first day with uniform standards including myself (guys not having there hair short enough, girls not having it tied back in the correct fashion, etc.) and allowances are made because its the first day, but turning up with your hair bright red, well... just don't do it, trust me :)

Oh, no way! they haven't said anything to me about it during interview etc hmm it's like a bright dark red but to be on the safe side I will ask on weds just to check..... I really don't wanna have another colour of hair though to be like plain jane, boring but I guess if I have to so be it... *sniffles* :D x

#23 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

Oh, no way! they haven't said anything to me about it during interview etc hmm it's like a bright dark red but to be on the safe side I will ask on weds just to check..... I really don't wanna have another colour of hair though to be like plain jane, boring but I guess if I have to so be it... *sniffles* :D x

you will recieve a booklet which amongst other things details uniform standards (hair length, style, colour, polishing boots, equipment that you need to buy, etc), i honestly cant remember when you get it, it may be at the drugs test i think :)

but that definately is force policy and hasnt changed i can assure you, after all have you ever seen a police officer with bright red hair? :w00t: unfortunately its a uniformed service so it will have to go... i felt the same way about my justin bieber style long hair getting chopped off when i joined... although my sister was happy as she inherited my ghd's :rolleyes: haha, but i've gotten used to a 3 on the back and sides and actually quite like it, so i'm sure you will be used to it eventually :D

#24 legsxyz

legsxyz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

1327972541[/url]' post='2191697']
you will recieve a booklet which amongst other things details uniform standards (hair length, style, colour, polishing boots, equipment that you need to buy, etc), i honestly cant remember when you get it, it may be at the drugs test i think :)

but that definately is force policy and hasnt changed i can assure you, after all have you ever seen a police officer with bright red hair? :w00t: unfortunately its a uniformed service so it will have to go... i felt the same way about my justin bieber style long hair getting chopped off when i joined... although my sister was happy as she inherited my ghd's :rolleyes: haha, but i've gotten used to a 3 on the back and sides and actually quite like it, so i'm sure you will be used to it eventually :D

Ok maybe not red but defs peroxide blonde which I think is just as bad :-| ha and trust me fofo, I would never get used to a 3 on the back and sides :D lol listen to me speaking like I have already made it... Keep forgetting I still have the medical ha also, just read your other post - get to bed!! X Posted Image

#25 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

Ok maybe not red but defs peroxide blonde which I think is just as bad :-| ha and trust me fofo, I would never get used to a 3 on the back and sides :w00t: lol listen to me speaking like I have already made it... Keep forgetting I still have the medical ha also, just read your other post - get to bed!! X Posted Image

you never know... your ears feel cold for the first while since your hair doesnt cover them anymore, but apart from that the 3 on the back and sides is actually alright :)

i rose from my bed at 2 in the afternoon so im wide awake unfortunately, i've been trying since 10 to get to sleep... :rolleyes: haha, i'll go have another attempt at sleep... good luck for your medical!

Edited by andyfofo, 31 January 2012 - 01:29 AM.