• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Divisional Officer

Divisional Officer

Getting There

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

To all Officers who took part in the Special Constabulary Weekend operations throughout the County can I say a massive THANK YOU to every single one of you. We had so many great operations ranging from Bus Travel, Visiting Farms, Road Traffic, Covert Policing, Rural Patrols on Car Parks, the list goes on and on. The Special Constabulary really showed what we are capable of and I hope that this will be just the start for some of you. Speaking to one LPT Commander last week he now wants the Specials at his LPT to mount an operation like this once a month. What a great opportunity for this group to show him what can be achieved with his Specials. Overall on the weekend we completed over 1500 man hours ( and that doesn't include one LPT who gave me alot of info but not the stuff I asked for ) so I would expect about 2000 if other results come in later. The Special Inspectors, Special Sergeants and Special Constables who organised their initiatives are a credit to the Force for their commitment and drive in pushing these operations. With Christmas just round the corner try and keep some of these initiatives going as I'm sure they will benefit each and every LPT. Don't be afraid to look at what others have been doing and see if you can adapt an operation to suit your LPT ( Best Practice ) The next date for your diaries is APRIL 22nd 2012. This will be the Celebration Weekend when all our Annual Awards are handed out. The venue is booked and guest speakers have already been arranged. Each LPT will be given an allocated number of places as we can only cater for 300 so keep your eye on the e mail. We also need nominations for the awards. ANYONE can nominate another officer or team so find out what the catagories are and put your thinking caps on. Don't let all your hard work go un-noticed. Nominate your team or fellow officer.
So finally, once again, thank you for all your commitments to this weekend of duties and if you didn't take part ask yourself WHY? If you want to see all the results your LPT Special Inspectors and Sergeants have been forwarded a copy so go and ask them
Keep up the good work and have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

Edited by Divisional Officer, 17 December 2011 - 12:24 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   -AJ

-AJ

Highly Experienced

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Unfortunately, due to work commitments I was not able to take part in many of these operations, with dates being set quite late on - And times even later still! But I hear that those that took part enjoyed themselves, and made a positive contribution to the Specials.

#3 OFFLINE   MindTheGap

MindTheGap

GLEE Rocks

• Power User
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Sounds like a good weekend to all those who contributed.

Edited by MikeSnow, 17 December 2011 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users