• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JustBob

JustBob

L Plates

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

I am thinking of applying to become a Special, I hope to be based in Chester. Is there any SCs/Regs on here that could give me an insight into what life is like as a PC in the Chester area? ...Good points and bad points!

Thank you.

#2 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

I am thinking of applying to become a Special, I hope to be based in Chester. Is there any SCs/Regs on here that could give me an insight into what life is like as a PC in the Chester area? ...Good points and bad points!

Thank you.

I can't say to much as still waiting to start - But I do know that a lot of officers fromt he Met & GMP (Meet quite a few through work) say that Cheshire has one of the best reputations in the country. Areas can change in regard to wealth, problems etc, but a force is more liable to keep its consistancy. I'm sure you'd rather be in a good force in a bad area, rather than a bad force in a good area!

#3 Buck

Buck

Mr rabbit

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Chester is one one the busier nicks in Cheshire to be fair, i've not worked there myself but several of my intake are based there and are enjoying themselves. As mentioned Cheshire is a brilliant force to work in, we are often one of the forces to trial new processes and procedures so often seem to be doing things different to other forces. But then those forces tend to follow us some point down the line.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users