Photo
- - - - -

When is the next likely recruitment drive for Specials?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 L-M.A.B_90

L-M.A.B_90

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

When is the next likely recruitment drive and application intake for S.W.P Specials?

I've heard on the grapevine there is a potential application intake/recruitment drive planned for Christmas 2011?

If anyone can give any solid confirmation or advice it would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

#2 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

I don't think the new recruitment is going to be be Xmas 2011, because they stopped recruitment last April and here is a large pool of applicants who got through the majority of the recruitment process but then were told that it was going to be put on hold.

So before they take on new applicants, I'd assume that they will want to procees these applicants first - but who knows!

#3 L-M.A.B_90

L-M.A.B_90

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

(Topic bump....)
Does anyone have any info at all, in regards to the next likely intake? :yawn:

Surely somebody must know something?

#4 L-M.A.B_90

L-M.A.B_90

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

So nobody knows anything?
This is promising to say the least... :whistle:

#5 k9nfm

k9nfm

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

Xmas 2011 or January 2012 their due to recruit regulars so they may well also open for SC's.

#6 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Xmas 2011 or January 2012 their due to recruit regulars so they may well also open for SC's.

Can I ask where you heard this?

#7 timjinks

timjinks

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

I've heard SWP are currently/aboit to begin an internal recruitment of 50 PC's from its PCSO, special constable and civilian staff roles who will start around xmas time.

this is from several sources, but i will not disclose any other details.

gutted to hear this as my specials application is currently on hold and has been for 12 months since my intake was cancelled last year!

#8 k9nfm

k9nfm

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Can I ask where you heard this?

It's what we've been told/shown in work.

#9 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Without releasing too much information, yes there are internal applications and yes after the intake of regulars has been completed the specials recruitment will begin to go back to normal.... Due to the numbers that are going to be made full time pcs. Looking at no later than april or may of 2012 so just hold out for now!

I'm applying for a full time position but realisticaly i have about 1/17 chance going by current figures of how many people are applying for the job!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users