• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 Special Steve

Special Steve

Forum Regular

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

I think it's really interesting, for two reasons.

One is to see how your training differs to the training we received. Reading what you've done you've had significantly better training than I did 4 years ago.

The other is that new entrants can look at how the course is going to be structured and the sort of things it contains. That's really valuable for those of us who like to do as much prep as possible.

Thanks Wannabe - presumably you'll change your username soon?

Steve

#52 trelloskilos

trelloskilos

Experienced

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

This has been an excellent thread! Like Steve I've been very interested to see how the course has changed over the years. Thank you, Wannabespecial, for putting in a great deal of effort into this thread, and for making it a really enjoyable read!! :-)

BTW, when is your attestation? If it's on the 12th, you may see me up there! :-)

All the best!!

#53 Jonnybasildon

Jonnybasildon

Experienced

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Oh can i come too?

#54 Spuffington

Spuffington

L Plates

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Wannabespecial - fantastic stuff - thanks for writing up your diary.

I was at Essex Training College on Saturday, sitting my PIRT and Interview. I couldn't help but look around and wonder what it would be like training there. I got shown the CS tunnel and have to confess just the entrance to it looked foreboding!! :aok:

Great write-up and good luck with the Attestation - you must be very proud of yourself.

#55 wannabspecial

wannabspecial

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hi Steve,

I have no intention of changing my name at present even though i have now completed the training and am going to become a Special Constable.

I did this diary in hope that like yourself there were some comments to see how the new training compared to the old training (That sounds terrible), it is an honest account of what has been covered in the classroom and how i personally feel the course has gone and like you have said all those who are going through the recruitment stage at the moment it gives them an insight into what is involved with the training.
Thanks for your kind comment.

Hi Mike,

I have enjoyed writing up the course details, in a way it is also a personal diary for me that i can reflect on when i want to look at it, there have been good and bad times and to be honest i have thought that i may not make the required % to pass, trying to do a full time job come home and spend time with my family and then study has been challenging but i have managed my time well and it has paid off.

Regarding my Attestation yes it is the 12th and it would be great to meet you so hopefully see you there.

Thanks for you kind comments.

Spuffington,

The diary should give you a heads up on what to expect for every lesson and im pleased you have enjoyed reading it.

The Cs tunnel :stars: :blink: even if i was offered a couple of £ssss i still would not go through it again, the pain and apparently it was diluted down so i would hate to think what the stuff we carry is like if you were sprayed with it.

#56 PW90

PW90

Bubba's Friend

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Stickied!

#57 OSGEssexSC

OSGEssexSC

L Plates

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Seems like things have changed, I only passed out start of 2011... Posted Image

I've been lead to believe the IL4SC will go towards units in an NVQ in Policing. This makes it a lot more valuable for the force and the individual for Regular Recruitment later.

Basically, a refresher course will be required for new Specials to become regulars as opposed to 16 weeks of training at the college, for those that have been in for 6 months or more!

Needless to say, a lot of specials are going to be a little jealous.

Posted Image

Edited by OSGEssexSC, 12 March 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#58 diskworld3

diskworld3

Settling In

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Seems like things have changed, I only passed out start of 2011... Posted Image

I've been lead to believe the IL4SC will go towards units in an NVQ in Policing. This makes it a lot more valuable for the force and the individual for Regular Recruitment later.

Basically, a refresher course will be required for new Specials to become regulars as opposed to 16 weeks of training at the college, for those that have been in for 6 months or more!

Needless to say, a lot of specials are going to be a little jealous.

Posted Image

Does this mean that those of us who joined before this was brought in will have to do the full 16 weeks rather than just a refresher?! I hope not!

By your name I will assume that I'll be working with you soon if I havnt already ;-)

#59 OSGEssexSC

OSGEssexSC

L Plates

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

By your name I will assume that I'll be working with you soon if I havnt already ;-)

I think we were on the same carrier the weekend before the one just passed, 3 for going equipped.

And yes I've been lead to believe if we were to join now you'd do the full 16 weeks training, independent or not. Whereas, once SC's who join now pass probation, they do a refresher course. Probably end up getting driving courses quicker as well! *Huff*

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users