• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 HazRat

HazRat

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

I'm trying to find out if any police forces have the BMW F800ST in service as a marked response bike? I've seen a picture of one, just can't remember where.

#2 HazRat

HazRat

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

After a bit of googling I believe that West Midlands Police have one in service.

#3 Smeders

Smeders

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

give me 5 and ill look at my fleet list mate! :evil:

Edit: as of 28th March 2011, WMP does not have any in service. The closest thing i could find was a GS800 which 2 are in use with Learning and Development:

LD11 LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT BMW BMW GS800
LD12 LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT BMW BMW GS800

If they have one its either been de-commed or has entered service after i got the fleet list. I will be sending a request for another list around august.

(The information above is public information and the fleet list was requested via a FOI request)

Edited by smeders, 03 July 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#4 boywonder

boywonder

Settling In

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

not sure if this one so don't shoot me down
Attached File  met bmw bike trials type.jpg   273.57KB   63 downloads

#5 HazRat

HazRat

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

not sure if this one so don't shoot me down
Attached File  met bmw bike trials type.jpg   273.57KB   63 downloads

No shooting around here. That's the F650GS. It is still in use in London with traffic and local boroughs.

This is the Swiss version of the F800ST

Posted Image

Edited by Metplod, 03 July 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#6 KCx2192

KCx2192

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

I'm trying to find out if any police forces have the BMW F800ST in service as a marked response bike? I've seen a picture of one, just can't remember where.

Im 99% sure Essex Police have an unmarked one?

#7 HazRat

HazRat

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

I've found a picture of the WMP one.

Attached Files

Edited by Metplod, 03 July 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#8 boywonder

boywonder

Settling In

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

No shooting around here. That's the F650GS. It is still in use in London with traffic and local boroughs.

This is the Swiss version of the F800ST

Posted Image

thanks for clearing that up all the police bikes i see have the make on them but never what model type they are so not being a biker it makes it a little harder to identify them.

#9 hobnob gti

hobnob gti

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Are those the ones SO14 SEG use?

#10 Smeders

Smeders

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

I've found a picture of the WMP one.

Any idea when this was taken? Its not coming up on my fleet list Posted Image

#11 HazRat

HazRat

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Are those the ones SO14 SEG use?

No they use the r1150rs

Any idea when this was taken? Its not coming up on my fleet list Posted Image

Not a clue. Found it on f800riders.org

Edited by Metplod, 03 July 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#12 Smeders

Smeders

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Not a clue. Found it on f800riders.org

Im gonna be putting in another FOI request for a fleet list next month, so ill keep you posted if you still want/need to info then. Posted Image

#13 TallGuy

TallGuy

Supreme Poster

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Im gonna be putting in another FOI request for a fleet list next month, so ill keep you posted if you still want/need to info then. Posted Image

You want to become a police officer, yet you keep submitting FOI requests to satisfy your interest in police vehicles. I bet WMP will look on that favourably if you apply. Posted Image

#14 Corbs

Corbs

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

You want to become a police officer, yet you keep submitting FOI requests to satisfy your interest in police vehicles. I bet WMP will look on that favourably if you apply. Posted Image

It's his right, and I imagine they just send a redacted version of a document they already hold rather than many man hours spent to formulate response.

#15 HarryB

HarryB

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

It's his right, and I imagine they just send a redacted version of a document they already hold rather than many man hours spent to formulate response.

Gives them a possibly undesirable impression though, possibly a bit obsessive with the job...

There was a topic on here a few weeks back of a chap who takes lots of photos of police vehicles, has a emergency vehicle photo website, has regular trips to stations etc and whos specials application got canned as far as I remember, most probably for that reason. They think people join up to be a uniform carrier and look at all the shiny cars, even if they don't and can seperate their hobby from the job!

By the way, I have taken photos of police cars before, and will often have a gander at the nice motors some forces have on flickr. I'm not knocking it as a hobby by any means!

Edited by HarryB, 04 July 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#16 boywonder

boywonder

Settling In

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

just a quick one it's not me who got canned as a special. i have a website and visit police stations only on organised visits or open days.

#17 Smeders

Smeders

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Ive only ever submitted 1 FOI request and that was nearly 6 months ago. If i was submitting one every month i would see your point.

#18 MindTheGap

MindTheGap

GLEE Rocks

• Power Users
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ive only ever submitted 1 FOI request and that was nearly 6 months ago. If i was submitting one every month i would see your point.

I think they'd be fair on you as you are young and shows you are enthusiastic.

#19 Smeders

Smeders

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

I think they'd be fair on you as you are young and shows you are enthusiastic.

Yeah, i was interested in joining the police years before i started taking photo's 10 months ago. I though is would be something good to do as i was interested in cars in general and the police.

#20 E29NP

E29NP

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

Just out of curiosity.

Would a nice polite letter to the Force enquiry centre not be passed on, if one wanted to enquire about a fleet list for hobby purposes suffice.

Or is an FOI really needed?

#21 Smeders

Smeders

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Just out of curiosity.

Would a nice polite letter to the Force enquiry centre not be passed on, if one wanted to enquire about a fleet list for hobby purposes suffice.

Or is an FOI really needed?

I would rather do an FOI request as it is simpler and i guess you have a better chance of getting the information. I think my request would just be passed on to the FOI unit anyways.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users