• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sparkydale

sparkydale

Forum Fixture

• Power Users
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

I've recently applied for a job and they've asked for a copy of an enhanced CRB check.

Is this the same as the vetting that we get during application or is it different? Surely it will cover alot of the same stuff. Is it possible to get a copy of this?

Please and thank you

#2 CSC1

CSC1

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

Enhanced CRB will probably cover less than your vetting but I don't think you can gain a copy of your vetting results. Many organisations also require the CRB to be no older than 6 months and also have their organisation name on it. If it is for a volunteer role im sure they do the CRB for just the administration fee. My last CRB took about 3-4 months to be returned so it can take a while.

#3 policey_man

policey_man

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Police vetting is much more in-depth than an Enhanced CRB, and doesn't produce a certificate as far as I know in the same way that a CRB does. I'm not even sure if Forces actually make a formal request to the Criminal Records Bureau, they may just look on systems themselves - vetting is a big mystery subject even to those of us who've been through it a few times! At the end of the day though, I suspect the organisation that you are applying to will want the usual Enhanced CRB certificate because they will be familiar with that, but if you've passed police vetting I can't imagine it bringing up any problems.

Edited by Andy_Met, 22 June 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#4 Smiley Culture

Smiley Culture

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

I've recently applied for a job and they've asked for a copy of an enhanced CRB check.

Is this the same as the vetting that we get during application or is it different? Surely it will cover alot of the same stuff. Is it possible to get a copy of this?

Please and thank you

I was once asked to undergo an enhanced CRB as part of my day job within weeks of passing force vetting for the Specials. At the time I asked whether my clearance could be used in place of the CRB and the answer was "I'm afraid not".

Edited by Smiley Culture, 22 June 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#5 SkinSte

SkinSte

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Please and thank you

I'd be telling the company it's up to them to carry out an Enhanced CRB check if they want to.

#6 Kellym82

Kellym82

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

Please and thank you

When you apply for a CRB check you should have been sent an applicant copy, and the employer gets sent their copy. I have copies of all 4 of my CRBs that I have had done. It is hard to get a copy of them later on however it shouldn't be impossible - your employer/previous employer should have it on file and be able to send you a copy.

If you have not had one before, it is up to the employer to arrange this for you (even if you have to pay, but normally employers absorb the costs). Give them a call and ask if this is the case.

And it is definitely less comprehensive than the one carried out during vetting, and will not take the place of vetting.

Edit: To add to this, it is also normally the case that if you move jobs, and require a CRB for your new job that you will have to get a new one as they are non-transferable. (mainly due to the fact that the second they are printed they effectively become out of date).

Edited by Kellym82, 22 June 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#7 Rocket

Rocket

PoliceSpecials.COM Staff

• Moderators
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

I'd be telling the company it's up to them to carry out an Enhanced CRB check if they want to.

Absolutely spot on.

#8 JH99

JH99

Supreme Poster

• Members
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

CRB Checks are not transferable between every job. It is also not your responsibilty to be CRB checked, it is the employer. A CRB check for a teacher is going to be different to CRB Check for a carer.

#9 rolex-oyster

rolex-oyster

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Just had mine done and being a cop made no difference either.
Although it's the employers responsibilty you have to co-operate with various ID's they have A id such as passport, photo driving licence and B i.d such as bank statements and utiities.Then they want 2 referees in my case as mine is for voluntary work my employer and a personal referee.They didn't give 2 hoots about my warrant card as a form of ID and this was the same when exchanging travellers cheques I had to get my passport.

Its just there rules nothing personal.

#10 Maverick.

Maverick.

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Still a clean CRB only proves you've never been caught doing anything untoward up until the day it was generated.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users