• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

Found out today that I passed the paper sift and awaiting confirmation of the assessment centre date. It would appear to be on 23rd/24th August.
Glad I phoned now to check receipt of my data collection form.

Apparently the one in June has had to be cancelled - anyone know why?

Anyhoo! It's good news.

S

#2 wannabspecial

wannabspecial

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Congratulations,

It is a good feeling knowing you have passed the papersift, my advice to you is to search the forum for what the pirt tests consist of and practice, also i had my interview staright after the pirt tests and i can honestly say it was a very very nervous time but after 10 minutes i was relaxed and flowing remember the interviewers have been where you are once and are not there to trip you up as they need you as a special, Good luck and keep us updated with your progress

#3 securitas88

securitas88

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Really; is the assessment day in June cancelled? I was planning on going to that and haven't heard anything about it after the first e-mail.

#4 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

Really; is the assessment day in June cancelled? I was planning on going to that and haven't heard anything about it after the first e-mail.

That's what I was told but please don't take it as gospel - may I suggest a call to recruitment?

Thanks
S

#5 securitas88

securitas88

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Oh sorry, I meant I was going to the assessment day in July. But I'll check anyway- it's a long time to wait after I applied in March.

#6 Garion

Garion

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

Apparently the one in June has had to be cancelled - anyone know why?

I would propose that it's not cancelled, instead, it's fully booked. They have so many applying at the moment that I don't think they could afford to cancel an induction day.

#7 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

I would propose that it's not cancelled, instead, it's fully booked. They have so many applying at the moment that I don't think they could afford to cancel an induction day.

Possible of course - but why say it was?
Anyway - makes no odds .
Anyone doing assessment centre in June?

#8 HampshireChris

HampshireChris

Settling In

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Oh sorry, I meant I was going to the assessment day in July. But I'll check anyway- it's a long time to wait after I applied in March.

I applied January 2010, did not do my assessment till July. My training didn't start till January 2011.

Get ready for a long process!

Good luck.

#9 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

I applied January 2010, did not do my assessment till July. My training didn't start till January 2011.

Get ready for a long process!

Good luck.

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.

Cheers - settling in for the duration!

Steve

#10 securitas88

securitas88

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

So much for "the whole process takes about 4 months" which I'm sure I read on their website.

#11 dwae84

dwae84

Settling In

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

So much for "the whole process takes about 4 months" which I'm sure I read on their website.

It's not an exact science and they work as quickly as they can - they have a limited workforce dealing with an increasing number of applicants. When you finally come to start training as I'm due to, I'm sure it will all have been worth the wait!

#12 PC Unstable

PC Unstable

I'm new!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Congratulations on the Sift...The best bit of advise I can give for the Assessment day is to be calm, collected and read everything in detail . Do not run out of time!!! the more you can answer, the more score you will receive. I know this might sound silly but I was a bit to thorough on my planning and not so on my time keeping!
Talk clearly and confidently and do not look down at your feet when answering the Interview questions. They are all very nice proffesional people so treat them as such.

All the very best of luck, but you won't need it if you can be proffesional yourself.:w00t:

Edited by David, 25 August 2011 - 06:15 AM.
Fonts/sizes/colours changed to standard for ease of reading

#13 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Well - day done. Confidential of course.

Now begins the wait to hear the outcome.

Thanks for the advice.

Steve

#14 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Long overdue update.

Now passed assessment day
and medical and fitness test.

17th January is induction training.

Still awaiting references and vetting

S

Edited by splang, 10 December 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#15 chaser23

chaser23

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Please keep us updated on your progress Splang, it gives new applicants such as myself even more information on what to expect in the months ahead :unsure:

#16 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Please keep us updated on your progress Splang, it gives new applicants such as myself even more information on what to expect in the months ahead :p

Heard today that I have passed vetting, medial and all references are in bar one. That particular reference is over 5 years old so they don't need it now anyway!

Hurray... getting there now.
Steve

#17 5460

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I read this thread as if it were new and wondered why the heck it was so far away from now! heh :blu:

Congrats, not far to go now! :blu:

#18 chaser23

chaser23

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Congratulations Splang, hope the last stages of application goes well for you! :blu:

#19 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Congratulations Splang, hope the last stages of application goes well for you! ;)

Thank you.

Got an email through saying that I have now satisfactorily passed all the required elements.
My file is now passed onto the training administrator for Induction B.

Posted Image

#20 chaser23

chaser23

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Woohoo, keep it up! :inluv:

#21 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Woohoo, keep it up! :new_doh2:

I am now booked in for Induction B on 20th March.

I shall need to pickup my uniform before that - does anyone know if the uniform centre is open until 5.00pm or weekends?

Ta,
S

Oh and how long does it take to get measured and issued please ?

Edited by splang, 23 February 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#22 Garion

Garion

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

I am now booked in for Induction B on 20th March.

I shall need to pickup my uniform before that - does anyone know if the uniform centre is open until 5.00pm or weekends?

Ta,
S

Oh and how long does it take to get measured and issued please ?

They are only open business hours, not sure whether open till 5pm but definitely closed weekends.

I'd leave about an hour at least between your appointment time and being able to leave.

#23 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Booked in for 3pm next Monday now. - getting covered so I can leave a bit early!!

#24 MC1

MC1

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Booked in for 3pm next Monday now. - getting covered so I can leave a bit early!!

When you try your stuff on, make sure you try all combinations at once. I.e make sure your hi-viz can do up when worn over the top of stab vest and fleece. Which mine doesn't. Posted Image

#25 splang

splang

Learning the Ropes

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

When you try your stuff on, make sure you try all combinations at once. I.e make sure your hi-viz can do up when worn over the top of stab vest and fleece. Which mine doesn't. Posted Image

Good tip - thanks mate.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users