4 replies to this topic

#1 mph

mph

Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Just a quick one really.
I know we have section officers etc but just wanted to know how they got these ranks/positions. Is it something that is run via exams like the regs, time served, hours worked etc?

#2 jag

jag

Student

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Just a quick one really.
I know we have section officers etc but just wanted to know how they got these ranks/positions. Is it something that is run via exams like the regs, time served, hours worked etc?

mph,

I've been a Section Officer in Northern division now for a year and half, basically the position came up after the previous SO finished and I put my name down and got the role. It's nothing like what pc's have to go through before they are promoted to sergeant.

The process i went through was as followed; I was temporary promoted for roughly 6 months, in this time I spoke to other senior Specials and got a feel for what I needed to do. Secondly I filled out an application form which asked me questions on the different scenarios that I have dealt with ranging from team work, organising events etc. The last stage I was short listed for an interview with the senior coordinator and an inspector where both of them went through the answers I gave in my application. I passed all of these and was handed my bars.

Different BCU's operate the promotions of specials differently, so it would be interesting to hear form people on here the process they went through

#3 mph

mph

Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

thanks for the reply.
my question was just out of interest more than anything as no one really knows about this. It would be interesting to see if the same process is force wide

#4 DaleCartwr

DaleCartwr

Getting There

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

MPH, there is a vacancy in your area that you could express interest in once you're out of probation :blu:

Edited by DaleCartwr, 11 May 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#5 mph

mph

Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

MPH, there is a vacancy in your area that you could express interest in once you're out of probation :D

Thanks for the reply, was very much out of interest as a lot of forces seem to do it differently and of course we do it differently to regs.

I'll keep the post in mind when my books completed :aok:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users