Photo
- - - - -

Is it easy to transfer from borough to borough?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sam the man

sam the man

Getting There

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Hi all,

Just a thought which came up into my head. Is it easy to transfer as a special from one borough to another?

Thanks

Edited by sam the man, 31 January 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Bobby-Bali

Bobby-Bali

Experienced

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

well my borough (Lambeth) are trying to block MSC transfers at the moment ive been told, but i believe ive got a solid case to transfer...

#3 OFFLINE   GoneForgotten

GoneForgotten

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 13,718 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

It's becoming harder and harder. Many boroughs are blocking officers from transferring, especially if you're IPS or nearing it.

edit: fat fingers

Edited by WhatAmIDoing, 01 February 2011 - 10:44 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   BigPapaMike

BigPapaMike

On My Way

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

I'm assuming it's different if you just want to move to the neighbouring borough because you fancy a change rather than you've moved 25 miles across to the other side of London due to a new job and you can't possibly commit to your old borough but can quite easily to a new one the other side of town?

Especially if you are/nearly IPS the new borough is unlikely to turn you away is it?

#5 OFFLINE   GoneForgotten

GoneForgotten

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 13,718 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

You used to be able to go if you fancied a change. Which is sometimes what someone may need to maintain their mojo and not leave.

It's not about the new borough not taking you if you're IPS/nearly, it's about your current one letting you go.

#6 OFFLINE   moxter

moxter

Always Here

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

Depends if you're any good.

If you're good (ie you do your hours and are not a nightmare to deal with) your current borough will not want to get rid of you.

If you're no good (ie you're not hitting your hours or are on an action plan) then another borough will resist taking you on.

#7 OFFLINE   GoneForgotten

GoneForgotten

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 13,718 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

I do think that there is an issue about letting people leave. Ultimately if there is a role for you at another borough than I don't think your current borough should be able to stop you leaving. Essentially if there is a job and you can apply for it then what grounds are there for blocking someone leaving.

#8 OFFLINE   sam the man

sam the man

Getting There

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

thanks all. I was wondering this as many other boroughs are full up and I have chosen another borugh. Was just wondering for future reference

Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   Met-Hopeful

Met-Hopeful

Regular User

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

well my borough (Lambeth) are trying to block MSC transfers at the moment ive been told, but i believe ive got a solid case to transfer...

Hi mate, do you mind telling me what it is like in Lambeth? As I always wondered what the good and bad points at. You can PM me if you like.

#10 OFFLINE   Numpty

Numpty

Highly Experienced

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

I do think that there is an issue about letting people leave. Ultimately if there is a role for you at another borough than I don't think your current borough should be able to stop you leaving. Essentially if there is a job and you can apply for it then what grounds are there for blocking someone leaving.

I asked to move and was barred! Luckily someone intervened on my behalf and now I am with a cracking team.

#11 OFFLINE   MXL160

MXL160

Always Here

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

I asked to move and was barred! Luckily someone intervened on my behalf and now I am with a cracking team.

And what a great job you're doing on that team too :whistle:

#12 OFFLINE   Bobby-Bali

Bobby-Bali

Experienced

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

do you mind me asking who barred you and why? can pm me if you wish :whistle:

#13 OFFLINE   Numpty

Numpty

Highly Experienced

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

The MSC co-ordinator in my former borough. Why? No idea.

#14 OFFLINE   Bobby-Bali

Bobby-Bali

Experienced

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

what did you do and who did you speak to to ensure that it went through?

#15 OFFLINE   Numpty

Numpty

Highly Experienced

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

I didn't have time to chase it up, a Sergeant from another team happened to hear my tale of woe and recruited me before I could say "but but but".

#16 OFFLINE   SBG

SBG

-

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Its not quite as bad as the regulars - but there are BWT figures on each borough for MSC officers and rightly we shouldn't just be able to move without some sort of checks and balances.

That said if you have a genuine reason, and not the grass looks greener, there is no reason why your transfer should not be accepted.

#17 OFFLINE   Juliet Sierra

Juliet Sierra

Experienced

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

You should be able to transfer if you have an honest reason to. But bare in mind, if you have spent x amount of time on borough and you are near / ips then it is understandable that your b/ocu want to hold on to you, seeming that they have spent time and money getting you there. But then again you are a volunteer!

SCDD

Edit: Keyboard Fail.

Edited by PC Donald Duck, 02 February 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   GoneForgotten

GoneForgotten

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 13,718 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

Erm, to be fair, as long as you're not bouncing around all the time, I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to transfer because the grass is greener. As I was saying sometimes it's the need of a change of scene to keep someone motivated.

#19 OFFLINE   Numpty

Numpty

Highly Experienced

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

WAID I agree with that. Plus someone who has been barred from moving because he/she is hacked off is hardly likely to be an enthusiastic resource for the borough that won't let the officer go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users