• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 policeblues

policeblues

I'm new!

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hello, I'm a bit of a long-time reader and lurker, but this is one of my first posts, hi :unsure:

Anyway, I'm a short while into my application for Herts police, and I'm currently answering the question "Tell us the reasons why you want to become a Special Constable."

I'm wondering whether I should detail the skills I possess that I would bring into the role that would make me a good Special Constable, as opposed to answering the question purely based on WHY I want to do the role and what I would hope to do.

Ta for your help : )
x

#2 Paradox

Paradox

PS.com Logical Absurdity

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 8,124 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hi PB, and welcome to the forum!

If I were you I would stick to answering the question asked. Focus on why you want to become a Police Officer. You obviously have reasons otherwise you wouldn't be applying.

We can't give you any specific answers here I'm afraid, only a little bit of guidance. And this is my opinion. :huh:

If you have any further questions that you may want to put to currently serving/applying Herts Specials, then you are always welcome to head over to our force specific area here: Hertfordshire Force Specific Area

Good luck with your application! :unsure:

#3 martin.taylor

martin.taylor

L Plates

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Welcome!

Somebody may come along and correct me in a minute but I believe what you have written in your opening post is two seperate questions (however, this may be force specific).

The first question being why do you want to be a SC.

The second question being what skills you could bring to the force.

Personally I would answer the question exactly as they have asked and therefore just write why I would like to be a SC.

Good luck with you application and I will wait to be corrected.......

Edited by martin.taylor, 29 December 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#4 JRPW

JRPW

Starting Out

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hi policeblues,

If that is a question on its own and it later asks what skills you possess....., then I would stick to the question and simply put why you want to join.

However if it is the only main question, then yes, answer the question but also include skills that would make you a good special constable, etc. I hope this helps.

#5 Nozza

Nozza

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

Just write WHY you want to become a special constable.
Deal with the skills part when it asks them, if you go off on a tangent about your skills to the role as opposed to what they want then you might not get marked very well for it.

#6 ds1989

ds1989

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Thats what I was asked in my interview, tell them about skills you can bring to the role.

Edited by ds1989, 31 December 2010 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users