Let us know what they say :rolleyes:

#27 AJB

AJB

L Plates

• Power Users
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Let us know what they say :p

I rang the Recruitment department this morning and was told the exact same thing that I have been told on the numerous times that I have phoned them. The lady told me that the Chief Officers have still not come to a decision and she does not know when they will be coming to one, and said for me to keep ringing up every few weeks to see if there is any new news.

#28 timjinks

timjinks

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

cheers for sharing.

guess i'll see you all on here for an update early feb??

:-)

#29 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

Can't see it being too long guys! Last lot in training are attested end of march so hopefully by then you might know more or possibly have a start date! Fingers crossed!

#30 boreddentalnurse

boreddentalnurse

I'm new!

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Still nothing from SWP about recruitment, spoke to Gwent who are still recruiting, don't know what to do because i really want to join South Wales. Patience is a virtue!!! (I hope, lol)

Edited by boreddentalnurse, 18 January 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#31 boreddentalnurse

boreddentalnurse

I'm new!

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

BAD NEWS GUYS, I spoke to a very high ranking SWP officer yesterday who made a quick call for me about special recruitment, and apparently the freeze on recruitment is going to be for at least another 6 months.:)

#32 cwmeinion

cwmeinion

L Plates

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

That is disappointing news :aok: thanks for sharing it with us though ..

#33 L-M.A.B_90

L-M.A.B_90

Settling In

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hi Keiron,

I also applied for SWP Specials in March 2010 and failed the papersift, it seems to be that they are very strict at this stage -
(I say this as I applied to BTP and passed the initial papersift and was invited to an assessment centre; however due to circumstances at the time I could not commit myself to travelling to Birmingham for training had I taken and passed the assessment centre).

To my knowledge SWP usually recruit at around March time every year or so; but as many others have commented on this forum - SWP currently have quite a lot of applicants to process from a considerable time ago (such as is unavoidable with recruitment).

So just to summarise, I am hoping they will open their books for recruitment in March however it might be considerably longer all depending on budgets and funding etc.

If the worse comes to the worse, I suggest trying DPP again and also look towards Gwent, or North Wales -

Possibly West Mercia as well?

Best of luck to all - ;)

Does anyone know anything about when SWP will be recruiting next? I am able to apply again next week.
I phoned bridgend a few days ago and they just stated that there aren't any vacancies yet and just to keep checking website.

Any info would be good :D

Thanks,
Keiron

#34 timjinks

timjinks

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

well end of march is not far away now folks! anyone with any further news??
i kweep checking the mail every day in anticipation of a letter but alas....... no news

#35 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Nothing here :confused:

#36 boreddentalnurse

boreddentalnurse

I'm new!

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

I was told yesterday that all recruitment for SWP has been frozen for 4 years, oh my god im getting older just thinking about it :-(

#37 jag

jag

L Plates

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

I was told yesterday that all recruitment for SWP has been frozen for 4 years, oh my god im getting older just thinking about it :-(

Hi boreddentalnurse, out of interest where did you obtain this information?

#38 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

That can't be right!

#39 jag

jag

L Plates

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

That can't be right!

Thats my thoughts exactly, unless reqruitment has been contacted directly and they have said that the specials recruitment freeze is for 4 years then I would be apprehensive to believe any rumours that are going around. Being a serving special there are always remours going around about one thing or other, I have learned that unless it is in black and white and confirmed dont believe everything you hear.

#40 boreddentalnurse

boreddentalnurse

I'm new!

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

That info came from a serving PC, but I was told 2 weeks ago by a Superintendent that SWP will definitely be recruiting early 2012. FINGERS CROSSED.:p

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users