10 replies to this topic

#1 mike-02901

mike-02901

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hey guys,

I wonder if any of you fine people could help me. I want to ask if it is possible to transfer as an SC from another force to Chesire? And if you know of anyone that has and what the process is like? I've emailed Chesire (sort of, I can't find an email address for recruitment so I hope I've got through to someone!)

Many thanks,
- Mike

PS. If anyone has an email address for recruitment could you please let me know it!

#2 Dan_05

Dan_05

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

I don't know the ins and outs involved, but I do know that a Merseyside Special transferred to Cheshire last year, I'm sure Cheshire will be able to fill you in on exactly what's required.

#3 andyc1988

andyc1988

Starting Out

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hi Mike,

You could give Specials recruitment a call on 01244 614026, they should be able to help. I'm not sure if there is a general email for their office.

Hope this helps,
Andy

#4 mike-02901

mike-02901

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for your help guys! I'll give them a ring after the bank holiday. If Cheshire do have a transfer policy I think I will request a transfer, GMP don't have one and I don't really want to re apply and re train which will take over 12 months! Wilmslow is only 20 minutes from where I live anyway. Anyone here that works that way or around that area?

Also, how are Specials used in Cheshire, do you do NPT or response work? Is it a good force to work for?

Appreciate your help, thanks! :clapping:

#5 Gibson

Gibson

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

Yeah Cheshires a great force, but I'm biased :p I'm still going through the training process at the mo, but I do know that Cheshire prefer a low key approach to policing if i can say that?

we closely work with regulars, PCSO's and other SC's on response and foot patrols! depending upon where you would prefer to be posted determines exactly who you work with.

#6 jhonno

jhonno

L Plates

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Hey

If you enjoy driving in a NPT corsa for 5 hours a shift then cheshire the place to be.. as for response that usually is a no go unless there is not enough regs or specials to buddy up with.

also if you do too much response you will get an email or word to tell you not to do more response untill your NPT hours have increased.

#7 Mr So Special

Mr So Special

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

I do hava a name of one person who seems to deal with recruitment a lot - I belive it's on the Cheshire site anyway, or it could have possibly gone as it was the name to e-mail over transfers (Regs) but they're not accepting reg transfers now.
I do know that at the seminar I went to yesterday they said they had 328 Specials and wanted 500, so if you get in touch there could be a good chance.
Also for their part it's a good opportunity to get another officer in without all the costs of the training, which has to be a plus side as well!

#8 AndyS

AndyS

L Plates

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

I know specials who have transfered from other forces, mostly GMP.

As for duties, I think it depends on where you work. On the Eastern area (which includes Wilmslow) there are no longer seperate NPU and Response teams, so your duties will depend on who you're crewed with and what jobs come in. When you work also affects what duties you do.

#9 banjo99

banjo99

I'm new!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

I am looking to transfer my application from lancs to Cheshire. Lancs have rejected my application on a weakness in one eye.
Cheshires eyesight guidelines say that recruits should meet a minimum standard of "6/12 in either eye" anyone know if this means 'left or right' or 'left and right' ?
If it is the previous then I am eligible.

#10 SierraLimaSierra

SierraLimaSierra

Trooper

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Give their HR a call and ask them :) (number will be on the website)

#11 Stratos

Stratos

Die Hard

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I am looking to transfer my application from lancs to Cheshire. Lancs have rejected my application on a weakness in one eye.
Cheshires eyesight guidelines say that recruits should meet a minimum standard of "6/12 in either eye" anyone know if this means 'left or right' or 'left and right' ?
If it is the previous then I am eligible.

It means "left or right", but your vision also needs to be 6/6 with both eyes together. That is aided, though, and you also need 6/36 unaided.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users