• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Merlin820

Merlin820

PS.com All Woman

• Members
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

Well the time is finally approaching..................attestation. Have to pass the final assessment weekend and another two knowledge checks first but still........................... ;) ..........I'm going to be out there! :whistle:

Will be posted to Ampthill on the ASB team for three months then I assume we can choose where we would like to work after that. Very apprehensive re knowledge but also very excited at the same time.

Edited by Merlin820, 11 August 2010 - 09:02 AM.

#2 Waddle

Waddle

Resident slap head

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Well the time is finally approaching..................attestation. Have to pass the final assessment weekend and another two knowledge checks first but still........................... ;) ..........I'm going to be out there! :whistle:

Will be posted to Ampthill on the ASB team for three months then I assume we can choose where we would like to work after that. Very apprehensive re knowledge but also very excited at the same time.

Excellent news, well done Merlin. You'll get through the final assessments no sweat I'm sure! :whistle:

#3 SCTommy

SCTommy

Starting Out

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Well the time is finally approaching..................attestation. Have to pass the final assessment weekend and another two knowledge checks first but still........................... :D ..........I'm going to be out there! :ermm:

Welcome to APS then mate!

I am one of the section specials at Ampthill so may well see you around!

#4 damo_np

damo_np

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

Well done Merlin! You are nearly there. Time seems to have flown by since we attended the information evening in January this year. All the best with the rest of the training. Keep us all posted on your progress (I'm sure you will) :(

#5 Paradox

Paradox

PS.com Logical Absurdity

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 8,124 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

Great news Merlin!

The most nerve-racking day you'll ever have as a Special!
:(

#6 Shaz26

Shaz26

L Plates

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

Welcome to APS then mate!

I am one of the section specials at Ampthill so may well see you around!

Hi Tommy,

I've been training with Merlin so I'll be seeing you around as well! The scenario day was nerve-racking and the whole weekend exhausting - relieved, excited and even more nervous now that it is over!! However, having spent a day with Specials and Regulars-in-training I have had lots of conflicting advice as to where it is best to work. I want to work in Luton but have heard that they may not be too keen on taking Specials out. Any thoughts?

See you soon!

#7 SCTommy

SCTommy

Starting Out

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

Hi Tommy,

I've been training with Merlin so I'll be seeing you around as well! The scenario day was nerve-racking and the whole weekend exhausting - relieved, excited and even more nervous now that it is over!! However, having spent a day with Specials and Regulars-in-training I have had lots of conflicting advice as to where it is best to work. I want to work in Luton but have heard that they may not be too keen on taking Specials out. Any thoughts?

See you soon!

Nice one. Well where you want to be based is down to you really. I would advise you to work not too far from where you live due to finnishing times etc. You will always get some days when its hard to crew with regs, sadly you have some officers that would rather do overtime than have specials work for free! Just how it is some times. But then again you can turn up and feel like a god and everyone is happy to have you and want to help you with your progress!!

Luton is a very busy area, im sure you'll deal with lots over there. Dunstable is a good place to start though that id recommend. You will be looked after and will get alot of jobs to go to also!

If you have any questions i'll be happy to answer them!

Tom

#8 Shaz26

Shaz26

L Plates

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Nice one. Well where you want to be based is down to you really. I would advise you to work not too far from where you live due to finnishing times etc. You will always get some days when its hard to crew with regs, sadly you have some officers that would rather do overtime than have specials work for free! Just how it is some times. But then again you can turn up and feel like a god and everyone is happy to have you and want to help you with your progress!!

Luton is a very busy area, im sure you'll deal with lots over there. Dunstable is a good place to start though that id recommend. You will be looked after and will get alot of jobs to go to also!

Tom

I also think Dunstable will be a good place to start but my teenage children have other ideas! I live in Dunstable and my work has brought me into a lot of contact with young people who are now older teenagers. That’s why I thought Luton was a better idea. I know it should make no difference, and I don’t have a problem with it, but I need the continued support of my family to do this because it does take up a lot of your ‘free’ time. One of the chaps helping to lead our assessment weekend was Dunstable based and he seemed like a right get up and go person – would definitely see plenty of action with him! Lots to think about - I'm just going to concentrate on and enjoy the ASB work for now!

#9 Shaz26

Shaz26

L Plates

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Tom

My reply posted twice - no idea why!

Edited by Shaz26, 24 August 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#10 Waddle

Waddle

Resident slap head

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Tom

This is a subject very close to my heart, I live in the Dunstable area but thinking of going to Luton. I have heard Luton is more "fun" (a regulars opinion), but if what you say is true maybe Dunstable would be a better starting point.

Oh the decisions we have to make in life!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users