• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 timjinks

timjinks

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

I got a letter over the weekend confirming whats been said on this topic over the last few weeks - that there is an intake for the west of the force thats fully subscribed for september, but my application will be kept on file!!

Ditto

GUTTED!

#27 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Anyone on this forum who is still going for the drugs test on friday?

#28 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Anyone on this forum who is still going for the drugs test on friday?

Are you one of the ones going to the west side intake?

#29 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

Yes, had the drugs test today... Are you on the west?

#30 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

Yes, had the drugs test today... Are you on the west?

Nope lol.

#31 Gemz

Gemz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Nope lol.

Hi all
I got called for the drugs test on Friday and then out of the blue on Thursday had a letter confirming my start date 11th Sept !
Anyone else starting then ?

Cant wait to get started

#32 jamesflo123

jamesflo123

I'm new!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

Congratulaions Gemz !!

Are you going to western??

#33 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

Hi all
I got called for the drugs test on Friday and then out of the blue on Thursday had a letter confirming my start date 11th Sept !
Anyone else starting then ?

Cant wait to get started

yep me! started your autobiography thing yet?

#34 Gemz

Gemz

I'm new!

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

yep me! started your autobiography thing yet?

James- Thanks ! its Western for me.

ML- Great stuff, see you there.
Im trying to write my autobiography now but have no idea where to start.

#35 Eveleleigh

Eveleleigh

L Plates

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Just letting you guys know I rang South Wales Police today about our intake (for the east) and they said no intake date has been set, there waiting for a date from the chief constable. Doesn't look like its any time soon :unsure:

#36 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

Just letting you guys know I rang South Wales Police today about our intake (for the east) and they said no intake date has been set, there waiting for a date from the chief constable. Doesn't look like its any time soon :evil:

We are being addressed by the CC this coming tuesday! If he allows us to ask questions I will ask him when our fellow people will be starting!

#37 Eveleleigh

Eveleleigh

L Plates

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

We are being addressed by the CC this coming tuesday! If he allows us to ask questions I will ask him when our fellow people will be starting!

You're a hero mate ;)

#38 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

For those people that have passed all the stages, would they be asked to do any stages again such as the medical or fitness? Or is it a case of once you have passed, thats it?

#39 mph

mph

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

For those people that have passed all the stages, would they be asked to do any stages again such as the medical or fitness? Or is it a case of once you have passed, thats it?

I wouldn’t like to guess on this as its going to be down to training and HR I think. I'd say it maybe a case of how much time has passed though. We have to re take our fitness test every 12 months during OST refresher. I'd just hang in there and see what comes out of it. Fitness shouldn’t be a problem if it does need to be re taken as it should be maintained but if you don’t need to do it then just think of it as a bonus that you don’t have to go back to the training centre

#40 BingBing

BingBing

Starting Out

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

I wouldn't like to guess on this as its going to be down to training and HR I think. I'd say it maybe a case of how much time has passed though. We have to re take our fitness test every 12 months during OST refresher. I'd just hang in there and see what comes out of it. Fitness shouldn't be a problem if it does need to be re taken as it should be maintained but if you don't need to do it then just think of it as a bonus that you don't have to go back to the training centre

okay thanks for that.

Are you in training at the moment? I'm trying to find out when the training would be if it were to start in the next few months. I know some forces do Saturdays only but then also have a mix of evenings and Saturdays. Does anyone know how the training works at the moment? :aok:

#41 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:15 AM

okay thanks for that.

Are you in training at the moment? I'm trying to find out when the training would be if it were to start in the next few months. I know some forces do Saturdays only but then also have a mix of evenings and Saturdays. Does anyone know how the training works at the moment? :)

Every other weekend (sat&sun, normally 9-4) and sometimes a weekday thrown in! (6-9)

#42 mph

mph

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:45 AM

okay thanks for that.

Are you in training at the moment? I'm trying to find out when the training would be if it were to start in the next few months. I know some forces do Saturdays only but then also have a mix of evenings and Saturdays. Does anyone know how the training works at the moment? :(

Nope, Im operational :)

It depends on the time of year and what the trainers operational requirements are. Generally every other weekend but this isn’t cast in stone

#43 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

You in the west mph?

#44 mph

mph

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

You in the west mph?

Nope i'm up the north,

its all interesting stuff. you looking forward to getting operational? what have you done in training so far?

#45 Ryback

Ryback

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

Nope i'm up the north,

its all interesting stuff. you looking forward to getting operational? what have you done in training so far?

Attestation date is 21/03/2011 - so hopefully right after that date!

We've only just got half way, it's been great... but now the really intresting stuff is kicking in! We've also just completed all of our NCALT topics (those who manged to register, still having minor issues).

There's 13 of us going west, with about 14 more going east/central I believe! We've been branded as the 'Western 13' (sounds like a bad outlaw movie!).

*note to those people on the waiting list: heard a rumour that as soon as the trainers are free after we've been attested then the intake should kick in! Obviously this could change due to ongoing budget cuts etc.*

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users