1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hey folks,

Just wanted to make sure you all knew about the Legal Fees Insurance Scheme that is available for Special Constables in England & Wales.

This insurance is arranged by the National Policing Improvement Agency on behalf of Special Constables in England & Wales. The scheme provides legal protection for incidents that arise on duty.

The scheme has been renewed from 1st April 2010 and the maximum amount of indemnity limit is £100,000.

If you find yourself needing to claim, you should contact the firms below. Telephone them as soon as practicable, and in any case, within 30 days of the incident being claimed for.

For Crime/Discipline & Misconduct contact

REYNOLDS DAWSON SOLICITORS on 020 7839 2373 (please note this is a new number)

(or in an emergency out of hours 07659 130481) (this is a new number and has only recently been introduced)

For Personal Injury, Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority applications and Discrimination contact

RUSSELL JONES & WALKER on 020 7657 1619

For more details please see the attached summary cover document.

Hope this helps should the need ever arise to contact either of them.

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   JPeg

JPeg

Getting There

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Lone,

Can I ask something regarding the Legal Fees & Insurance Scheme?

Does this actually exist?

The reason I ask is because unfortunately, I know two specials who have been injured on duty. They went into their BCU HQ about the Scheme, and they were told that there is no scheme for the Specials.
They were told that they have to go through a Personal Injuires lawyer and get a payout externally.

I don't know how much of this is true, but if it is true it could cause problems with our employers.
For example, I work part time, and as a result, my employers state that casual staff are not eligible for sick pay. If I were to be injured on duty and unable to work, I wouldn't get paid.
Therefore, I cannot aford to get injured on duty, and we all know accidents happen.

Obviously, as you can guess, I'm quite concerned.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users