Traffic Rat

Resident Lifetime Power User+
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Traffic Rat last won the day on March 11

Traffic Rat had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

87 Proven

About Traffic Rat

  • Rank
    Learning Curve
  • Birthday

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    North West
  • Interests
    Roads Policing / Commercial Vehicle Enforcement

Previous Fields

  • Police Force

Recent Profile Visitors

157 profile views
  1. George, Your question at the end of the post is "can phil ride on a canal tow path or has Steve got him bang to rights" So my first answer of S34 is in play (defined by the fact he does not have permission to ride on the towpath - bylaw confirms this fact) The second part was a general comment on the use of S59 generally. S59 is questionable as whilst S3 or S34 is in play, given the low speed etc, it would be questionable about the second part "is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public" Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  2. No but it gives the evidence he doesnt have permission of the landowner so S34 offence is in play. A lot of people seem to issue S59 warnings at the drop of a hat when half the evidence isn't there. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  3. Try again. S34 is made out. He does NOT have permission. Can I use my motorbike on towpaths? No you can’t. Byelaw 31 of our General Canal Byelaws states that no person, unless authorised by the Trust, shall drive any vehicle over any towing path. 'Vehicle' is defined as anything on wheels. Therefore, unless we have given permission - as we have done generally in respect of push bikes, wheelchairs and prams - it is an offence under our Byelaws to ride motorbikes on the towpaths. It’s also an offence to park or store a motorbike on towpaths under byelaw 55 which states that no person shall leave or place upon any canal (which includes the towpath) any vehicle so as to cause an obstruction or hindrance or otherwise than in accordance with any reasonable direction of the Trust. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  4. 1. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  5. Haaaa Best joke of the day Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  6. Given the circumstances in the original post, why would RPU investigate the matter when they have had no involvement in the incident at all. That's what you would get told in my force. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  7. I will not be using your answers for a serious purpose So why keep fishing with spurious scenarios ??? Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  8. Sweet FA. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  9. Who will promptly return to LPU to deal. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  10. Its actually the S172 notice that is stated to be sent by post. An NIP is just given as "by sending a notice within 14 days" That said, in the many I did personally, I never got challenged over how it was done, but there is also nothing preventing sending one in the post and personally serving one as well. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  11. You seem to of missed the fact, "you attend the V5 address and the vehicle is outside" Therefore you have a person to make the requirement of S172 RTA. The registered keeper.. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  12. George As you have stated, you cant identify the driver, so who is going to get 12 months disq?? Your not letting it go easily, you doing it by the book. If feasible, serve the documents on them personally. You haven't got to wait for them to read them. It just means if they fail to name a driver, its easier to prosecute and shut down one of the usual lines of "I never got any paperwork from the police" Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  13. For goodness sake, what is with all these fanciful scenarios and I'd do this, I'd do that?? Keep it simple people. Make a requirement under the RTA for the owner to provide you with details of driver. If he refuses THIS IS NOT OBSTRUCT POLICE. Go back get an get NIP and Requirement for name and address of driver and serve it personally on him. If he refuses he GETS REPORTED FOR SUMMONS for failing to supply details. Its not rocket science. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  14. Then you sir are a buffoon. The police may ignore you, refuse to engage with you, however dont forget there are NO rules of engagement protecting you from Members of the public who you film. They may not have felt you needed to film their encounter with the police. If you really feel that you must do something to ensure police are held accountable for their actions, and the betterment of those the police deal with, either apply to become a member of your local forces Lay Visitors panel or join the IPCC Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
  15. Why worry about such a minor issue off duty. Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk