2 replies to this topic

#1 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

Hi!!

I have just got myself a new puppy! and I need to get him insuranced, can anyone recommend any insurers?

#2 Dickyp

Dickyp

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

Hi!!

I have just got myself a new puppy! and I need to get him insuranced, can anyone recommend any insurers?

If you just have the one dog I'd go for petplan.

#3 kittyjay90

kittyjay90

I'm new!

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

If you just have the one dog I'd go for petplan.

I would never recommend pet plan to anybody. They are by far the worst insurers I have ever been with. I could not fault the price however, when my kitten got sick and I had to claim for his tratment, they would not pay out for many months (which was hard due to being a student)...
Sadly my kitten had to be put to sleep, and I got no sympathy from the advisor on the phone when I was trying to claim back the cost from his death. The conversation went as such...

"Me:I am enquiring as to how I claim my money for 'death benefits' and the refund of my policy that I havn't used as I paid upfront...

Claims advisor: Oh, is that because you are cancelling the policy?

Me: Urm... no, it is because my pet is dead."

I would recommend using a compare insurance website and go for a policy which will pay alot in vet fees. My parents are with Sainsburys and have a cat with an ongoing condition. They have always been paid quickly and have had no issues at all.

The cheapest is not always necessarily the best.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users