• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 student_sc_tom

student_sc_tom

I'm new!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

So i am starting Bangor University on the 23rd of september 2007 and really wanted to join the police after Uni, the way i see it is wait until then or join the specials for during my time and gain all that experience that will be invaluable for when applying to the regulars.

up to now i think i have had the quickest application process there is, i rang the police recruitment department at north wales police on friday the 1st of september and completed an over the phone eligibility questionnaire which went very well and so i was sent a full application form.

Now there is something u must know about me, i do not, never have and never will trust the postal service, so on wednesday the 6th i decided to drive down to the north wales police headquarters where the recruitment department is based in colwyn bay from my house in chester cheshire to hand in my completed application form, i think this was the best decision i have ever made as on the drive back home i recieved a phone call from emma in the recruitment department, so i pulled over and we had a chat about my application form and filled in a few bits i had missed out, she then told me that she is going to invite me to take the PIR test on thursday the 20th of september, which obviously i was delighted at.

Now my aim when in the regulars was to be appointed to the road policing unit, so you can imagine my amazement when on my way to my part time job later that same afternoon that emma again rang me and told me that the western division were not aqccepting any more specials and so i was being placed in the road policing unit!!!!

So within 6 days my application has been accepted and have been invited on to the PIRT.

I will update you when i find out more, thanks for reading. Tom

#2 student_sc_tom

student_sc_tom

I'm new!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

o.k after hoping i would be put on the september PIR test i finally rang up, one day before the pre told date to find out, however after being told they were in the process of moving buildings i am being invited to the PIRT on 25th of october as my file will not be ready for tomorrow,

so her goes, wish me luck, and any advice by PM will be greatly appreciated,

by the way on a side note, i start bangor university on sunday 23rd of september, sooooo nervous

Tom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users