• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mikel

Mikel

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

Well i've never been the diary type of person, but I figured this might help someone one day who wants to know more about the training experience, especially for the Met.

I applied late April 2007
Day One was mid June
Day 2 July 13th
Training starts 2nd September and after attestation I will be posted to Brent.

I've been gleefully counting down the days over the summer to what I hear from others is a very enjoyable experience, although it hasn't all been plain sailing. Hanging over my head for the last few weeks has been the Met recruitment office telling me my training may have to be postponed until one of my previous employers sends in a reference. They have had months to do it, and with a day and a half to go and a lot of nagging they have finally faxed it in so everything is now go.

I should actually be at the Training Centre right now for the administration evening, however, a phone call a few days ago told me it was cancelled. So there is now even more to cram into the 17 week course. I've been asked to bring 2 passport sized photographs (presumably for the warrant card). I'd better make it a good'un to save myself from any embarrasment with future baddies :saint:

I start University a few weeks after I begin training and the thought of settling into new surroundings while balancing both University and Police study is certainly sticking in my mind. I'm beginning to wonder if the 3 week intensive course may have been a better idea. :whistle:

It's too late to be worrying about that now though, so instead i'll prepare for an early night on Saturday.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users