• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Westy

Westy

The One and Only

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

To give you a bit of background... I've been a A&S special for 3 years, and handed in my warrent card a week ago due to the pitter patter of tiny feet being near.

Something about it made me feel unhappy though, I like my job, and it pays well, but it's not what I want to be doing for very long if i'm honest. I sat down last weekend with the wife, and we discussed it.

Despite the fact that we have a baby on the way (due late august), she was very supportive of the fact that i want to be a regular PC, and was very open to moving in order to allow me to pursue my career ambition.

So I did it, I took a look at the policecouldyou website, and decided that it was going to happen, I was goig to try for the regs. Next was the decision... which force? It was a toss up between West Midlands Police and Greater Manchester Police, and to be honest a problem that i am still yet to make my mind up about.

So I received the application form yesterday, and took the day off to go through it as soon as possible. the competancy questions proved really hard, fitting what i wanted to say into the tiny space avaliable, but I think I made a really good fist of it.

I'm still undecided on which force to go for, and this is the most important decision to make, I guess I'll have to sleep on it before I dispatch the form... When I've made the decision I'll let you all know.

I know I have a long wait on my hands, but i can't help but be really excited, this is what I've always wanted, and I'm starting on the road to my new life in the Police (hopefully)

Anyway, more soon.

WCC

#2 Westy

Westy

The One and Only

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

Well I've made the decsion, and West Midlands Police it is.

The application form was dispatched this morning by registered post, after runnig around trying to get the names and date of births of step-brothers & sisters that I've never even met!

It's gone now, and the wait begins. Wish me luck!

WCC

Edited by West Country Cop, 23 July 2007 - 07:41 AM.

#3 Westy

Westy

The One and Only

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

Contacted recruitment yesterday, just to confirm that they had received my application. They said they hadn't, despite the fact that I'd sent it next day recorded :whistle:

After a bit of a panic, they got back to me and said they'd found it... *Phew*

I hope this dosen't provide an omen for the rest of the process....

Edited by Westy, 28 July 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#4 Westy

Westy

The One and Only

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

Just a quick update.... while my application is still ongoing (I havent heard back from the papershift yet) its kind of taken a back seat due to the birth of my first son.

Matthew Luke was born on the 16th August at 01.24 in the morning. Mother and baby are fine.

So for now im more concerned with 3am feeds than what WMP have to say.....

Will update when I hear back from the papersift

#5 Westy

Westy

The One and Only

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

I havent updated this for awhile :whistle:

I go back to work on monday, after a months paternal leave. The sleep is gradually getting longer, and after we ll jetted off to Sapain for a week things are looking alot better :lol:

On the Police front, I had the letter to say I had passed the papersift! :p

They weren't sure when they could offer an assessment centre date, and they would contact me when they were able to. I expect your waiting for me to say that I'm disappointed, but I'm actually not. I've been promoted at work to SEO (Senior Executive Officer), and that means a healthy increase in salary. The drop between that and a PC salary is now even larger, and I dont know If I can honestly take the drop of about £12000 with a newborn.

It's my dream to join the Police, but I don't know if now is the right time :saint:

Anyway, will update when I have something to say!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users