• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:17 AM

Well it was coming, i thought after reading for years this board about others joining that i would post some here about my progress in joining the MSC.

I've always wanted to join the police, but because of issues went to uni instead, then while there someone was talking about the specials.
So i thought to myself that is good for me, let me have a go! Well went through all the info found out about this site, then tried phoned up for an application form to join. got put off by all the paperwork, didn't have the time to go through all that stuff gave up.
Anyways few years since now got a job have more or less life going ok and feel something is missing and i thought about the specials again.
At the begining of the year saw a recruitment event but was unable to attend as i was outside country, saw another one missed that one too, as i travel a bit. But last month saw an event and i decided this time I'll make sure I'll go this time.

Well it was the best thing i did, it made me even more to apply to the specials.
Applied online about a few weeks ago, got confirmation of application and then last week got letter to say i passed to the role play and paper shift.

Got a seminar with the met recruitment team at the end of this month to help with the day, and then it's all me to make it through.

Although recently I've had some people question me about why i want to join! With all the situation right now and how there is no financial gain. I don't look at it like that, i see it as giving something worthwhile and gaining an amzing experience.

Anyways will post some later working through a nigh shift now getting too tired to write. :whistle:

Hugo

Edited by hmsq82, 19 July 2007 - 06:52 PM.

#2 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

My interview is getting closer be reading more and more also filling in all the forms, which are taking me along time to fill.
Anyways yesterday is a day i won't forget, it made me realise that what happened might happen to me in this job as a SC, and i wonder if i would have dealt with it differently or this shows that i don't have what it take to be a SC.
Was at work when i asked a question before a colleague left the room, i don't know but this question seemed to have triggered rage in him and he just exploded, shouted verbal abuse at me then after i realised what happened tried calming him down by not responding back at him part from saying we can discuss this later when we are both calmer, i think it was me not responding to his abuse he then started pushing me and pulling on me which i asked him to please not touch me calmly never sweary as i didn't want to put more fire into the flames as he started to hurt me with his pushing i threatned to call the police where i pick up the phone he takes it from my hand but it smacked right in my face, i was feeling like i should do more to protect myself, my colleague came and got himself in between was pushed aside some more verbal abuse then hit on the back and was trying to drag me outside to fight which i didnt, reason why he hit me in the back, i think he realised what he did and he left me but still shouting abuse.
After that i was slightly emotional and shocked, and i just couldn't understand what had just happened, soon colleagues tookover went home slept it off but now i'm angered that i feel i left the bully run me over, thus putting me into question my determination to be a SC. If this was a colleague i would i face a criminal or some one that is drunk on a friday night.
:whistle:

Hugo

Edited by hmsq82, 24 July 2007 - 09:16 AM.

#3 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:19 AM

Yesterday went to a support seminar for day 1, i thought it was really cool, i think someone said before "it makes you want to be a special even more", well that is how i felt!
Had to wait about 1 hour got there early, but it seems info of start time, was sent to people with 2 different start times, so we had to wait....and wait... then when we got started there was only about 7 of us, i think by the end of it we were about 14-15 out of supposedly 50 people that had phoned up and had booked themselves in.
Went through the writing of it wasn't hard but it was just about time managing and following instructions was given clear instructions to write in one paper with the met logo and end up writing on the rough paper instead, then there was no time to copy neatly to the other paper. Apologised and gave it in hopefully wont make the same mistake in Day 1.
They went through the interview process, i felt it would be more daunting but the way they said it seems ok, had worse job interviews, let's hope day 1 goes ok, OMG i keep saying hope day 1 is ok already getting nervous, exam situation just get me nervous.
The roleplay is the one i fear the most, never been a good person to *act but come on how bad can't it be i think, i did work as a customer service in sainsburys for 7 years, seen just about anything i'm sure i should be able to use that experience lets hope my brain just doesn't freeze.
Anyways i'm really happy, need to read the pack i got sent, still have the forms to fill, when are we supposed to give those in?
I feel like a little kid at around christmas time!

Hugo

Edited by hmsq82, 01 August 2007 - 07:24 AM.

#4 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:19 AM

OMG, it's that time!
As I work through my night, still doing last minute filling of forms and read all the stuff I can, haven’t really formulated my answers yet for the interview, too tired but will have to do it as I finish work! Need to have something i can work from. Oh the stress....

5 and 47 minutes to go to assessment...
Will post after I get back home from Hendon!

Hugo

#5 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:19 PM

Just came from the Day 1, i feel gutted i didn't do well! I know because i just felt out, and when you have a acessor prompt you to say something then you know you done rubbish!
I'm gutted! :whistle: i should have changed the day or at least taken the night off work!
How long do we have to wait to apply again?

#6 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

Well 1 day has gone, i feel better now after getting some sleep! I still feel disappointed with myself oon the day could've done alot better! I feel i let myself down on the roleplay ( i won't mention what went on but my reactions only) notes i had taken instead of just using as a reference used it as a sript wrong because once i had talk all of it i went blank for 30 secs.
Our group was the last one for everything on the day, no food we were all starving lol, we ended up raiding the chocolate machine :whistle: we saw alot of people there, what is strange is when i went for seminar support there were more women than guys but on day 1 there was about 95% men.
what happened to them? Do they drop out?
Anyways it was a experience i won't forget and if I did fail, i'll try again and this time be more ready for it as i felt i hadn't done enough to get myself ready for the day.
I guess preparation is key on this one! And people were right everything is scripted. It feels a bit like eastenders lol

Edited by hmsq82, 11 August 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#7 hmsq82

hmsq82

I'm new!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

Well didn't have to wait long for my rejection! Wasn't supprised by it! but then when i read where i failed , i just feel gutted! i failed 1 out of 20, I got a D for diversity in the interview!
Too me it's like a slap on the face, I mean come on 0, i'm thinking was it the example i gave it wasn't really reflective of diversity! I don't get it!
Got even more peeved off the way they wrote my name they spelt it wrong and on top of that it's actually a rude word in my language! WTF :p !
I expected to fail on the rolepalys but i actually got B's A's and one C, what i expected to have done ok i did bad, written was good also!
Overall got 62% in the assessment centre.

Again, will have to try harder, got 6 months to think about this if want to re-apply, but 0 for diversity :whistle: , i have no respect for race :saint: , i feel like really bad! To me it's like i'm being called a rac*st! :lol: I hate that word!

On a positive note got a new job with twice as much money be offered to me, but i would rather wish these were reversed don't really care about money! Oh well at least i'm off on holiday for the weekend! Budapest here i go! :lol:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users