9 replies to this topic

#1 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

Well hopefully this is going to be the start of Joining as a Special,
I called Leicestershire Police up and got a app pack sent to me it arrived on the 7/6/07 didn't finish work till 0200 but I sat there filling it in when I got home lol (Mad I know) then first thing in the morning I drove down to Leicester HQ and handed my app form in on the 8/6/07. (Hope it got sent to the right department!!)
Just need to wait now to hear and see if I have passed or failed that.
Fingers crossed I pass.

Arran.

OK prick me lol, put dairy instead of diary, what a thicky , mm not a good start there lol, )

Edited by Bubba, 16 July 2007 - 12:33 PM.
amend title spelling

#2 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

Ok got a Letter through the post today, Marked Leicestershire Constabulary,
I was really nervous because I knew knowing my luck I would open it and it would say sorry but you have fail..

Well I finally managed to open and it read the words, With Reference to you recent application to join as a Special,
I write to advise you your application has been successful at the short-listing stage.
And I am going to be invited to attend an interview!!!!
I will get a letter with the info three weeks before the interview date!!,
So now all I have to do is wait!! fingers crossed all goes well.

(I know you can't post on here but any advice or if you want to chat, PM me )

:whistle::lol:

Arran

#3 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Got a Letter in the post today marked Leicestershire Police!

So I opened it to find my interview date in there,

its on the 14th of July at 10am!

I was so happy, then I thought I need to take my driving licence, and the SIA still have that so unless I can get it back it will cause me a big prob.
I don't have a passport so don't know what to do,

After about 10mins of yelling about it, I thought about it, I called Leicester Police and left a message explaining about it, and on Monday I am also going to call SIA to see what is happening with it.
God Willing I will have it back.

Can't believe I have got this far, hope it is not the end!
I will keep you posted on what happens!

Arran

#4 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

Sorry for posting in your diary Arran. I had a similiar problem, my birth certificate was with the passport agency as I was applying for my first adult passport so obviously I had no passport either! I just called them and explained the problem and it was fine, I was still able to do my interview and I just popped in with the relevant documents as soon as they came through.

Im sure it will be ok :whistle:

Yeah thanks :lol:

I called the SIA today, and they said if all goes well I should have my documents back in time,
After I called the SIA I called Leicestershire Police and explained to them,
Just like you said, They told me it was not a problem and they would still interview me, and I could show them my Licence at a later date,

Arran

#5 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

Right well not long now before my interview,
Been revising like mad, trying to learn everything I think I need to know!

Tonight I am attending a Special Constable's Awareness Seminar at force HQ, I am looking forward to it, not only will I get to meet some people who will be there on Saturday but also it should help with me interview,

I shall post back on what it was like.

Arran

#6 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

Well last night what can I say

I arrived at about 18.40 for a 19:30 start lol, Got chatting to some of the people who have their interview same day as me,
Then we were taken into the lecture hall.

it was

FANTASTIC!!!

I would recommend it to anyone thinking about the Specials, it just made me want to join even more!

Not only that but gives you a really good insight on what being a Special is like and what you may face,

Not long now before my interview, I so want this more than I have ever wanted anything, so God Willing my dreams will come true soon!

Arran

#7 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

Right so here I am 20.00 on Friday the 13th!!

Thinking tomorrow is the day of my interview, hoping more than anything I pass and can start to live my dream,

Lucky for me I have been at work all day so not really had to much time to think about it.
But now I am home, with nothing to do, all I can think about is tomorrow,

What will it be like?,

Well either this will be my last post and my journey to join Leicestershire Specials ends here (for the time being, if I fail nothing will stop me from trying again!)

Or tomorrow I will be on my way to living my dream.

Arran

#8 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

Well got up this morning, (after a good nights sleep only woke up at 0400, so not too bad)
Got up at 07:30, then set off at 0800.

Was way to early for the interview so decided to go to Sainsbury's to have a drink.

When I got to HQ I was told to sit and wait, and then we where taken to the lecture hall to do a short auto-bio.

Then off upstairs we went, the wait to go into the interview room seemed like ages!! But it came and they asked me to go in.
Well all I can say about the interview panel is, they where fantastic, made you feel dead welcome and not so much like an interview.
Then the interview started, I didn't really know how I had done, wasnt really sure. After the interview I was asked to wait outside why they talked about me !!,

Oh the wait it was like, well I want to know how I have done, but I don't lol. The time came when I was asked to re-enter the interview room, and i was told .............................

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it I passed!!!!!!!

So now have to get some forms sent back, have security checks and things, but I passed the interview!!!!

So now on my way to being a Special!!!

Arran

(I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me, given me advice. You are all fantastic and again I would just like to thank you all so much!)

#9 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Had my eyesight test today,

Woke up this morning feeling good, and when I got downstairs, my mother was crying. She found my Grandma (Passed away in the night :whistle:

Still she was 100 years old and had lived a very good life, so I had to call the Doctors and help get everything sorted, as my mother was in no fit stake to do anything really.
So had a really upsetting morning.

Then in the afternoon I went to my eye test,
Good news here, the Optician said I don't need glasses,
and have just about passed thier eyesight requirements :saint:,
So I took them to the HQ, and now just waiting for a date of the medical.

Arran

#10 DogMan88

DogMan88

Forum Fixture

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Right well it has been a little while since I last wrote on here.

So just to keep you all up to date, I called about where I was at the moment, and they informed me that they are still waiting on the security checks, and not to worry as these can take sometime.

Hopefully they won't take too long hey!

So at the moment I am just reading some Blackstone's books, just started one called Preparing for Police Duty. Which I must say it is very intresting and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of joining, or already in the force.

Well that is it for now,

Arran

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users