• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 AAM

AAM

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:56 PM

I'm counting the days now until :whistle: !

#52 AAM

AAM

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

Hi all,

Well, I attended my medical on 8th June and passed! So looks like I'm in!!! :lol: :whistle: Training starts on 23rd June.

I felt great driving home after the medical. The 'battle' is over at last. Can't believe it, still pinching myself. It's good to finally get something I've wanted for such a long time. I am looking forward to this new challenge and to a new beginning in my life.

I would like to say a big thank you to all here on-site who have offered kind words of support and encouragement during my fight to get in - they were all appreciated and helped to sustain me through this. Having frequented PoliceSpecials.com over the last three years I am joining the service with far more insight than I would otherwise have had, and I have a feeling that I will now be a frequent visitor to the Reference Library here, to access all the wonderful literature on law/policing issues that it holds (if you're not a PowerUser here, become one so that you can have the benefit of this first class resource).

I guess I have set that precedent. The motto of my story being: If you are fit but take antidepressant medication and want to join the police service, don't give up. Don't give up on your dream.

And way back in 2004 when I started my diary here, I didn't think I'd end by saying this: The same applies if you've recovered from cancer and want to join the police service, don't give up - look at me, cancer last year, Specials this year!

Don't give up on your dreams........ :D

#53 AAM

AAM

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

And just in case anyone is wondering how the eyesight part of the medical went after my having eye laser surgery in March, well it went perfectly - from the noises the nurse was making I got 100%. I could even read the last line of chart where the letters are really really tiny! It seemed surreal to me after 23 years of being shortsighted and as blind as a bat without my specs.

Pity we can't have all parts of our imperfect bodies repaired to such standards.

Edited by AAM, 12 June 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#54 AAM

AAM

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

Thank you gemz100 for your insight too. Good luck for your training in September too :strop: Keep us posted.

I was formally offered the post of Special Constable yesterday, and well of course I accepted! :whistle: And also received my Phase A read through booklet. It all seems very real now and I'm thrilled. I told someone that I start my training next week - words I thought I'd never get the chance to say. I must say I do actually feel quite proud that I fought for my chance and didn't give up - it's obviously true, good things do come to those that wait!

Night, night :strop:

#55 AAM

AAM

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Up to Phase D now and it's all going brilliantly. I should have applied years ago - opps I did, didn't I, just took me yonks to get in!!!

Attestation early August! :whistle:

#56 AAM

AAM

Forum Convert

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Had my uniform fitting today - looked in the mirror and thought 'Hey, there's a Police Officer who looks like me!'

I went into a little cubicle to change and when I emerged I couldn't help but think of that children's favourite (well it was in my day!) Mr Benn! :whistle:

When I got home, I showed my kids my equipment belt and my 11 year old asked where my gun was!!!

Edited by AAM, 17 July 2007 - 09:53 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users