Photo
- - - - -

Financial Situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 anmj

anmj

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Just a general question; when you send off your app form, it asks you for your current financial status, but I take it when they come to check this at vetting it is going to have changed to some extent from when you first applied. Does this have any affect on the application? I take it that it's fine as long as your house hasn't been repossessed or you've been declared bankrupt!

Edited by mcscotland, 13 March 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#2 jvt1

jvt1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Just a general question; when you send off your app form, it asks you for your current financial status, but I take it when they come to check this at vetting it is going to have changed to some extent from when you first applied. Does this have any affect on the application? I take it that it's fine as long as your house hasn't been repossessed or you've been declared bankrupt!

Best to contact HR and check with them

#3 wanabe

wanabe

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Things that they look at on the financial vetting are

Missed or late repayments
CCJ's
If you have a debt management company involved with you debts
Ever been declared bankrupt

Each application is different so im not saying if you have one of the above you wont get in. I'm just telling you what they look at.

#4 anmj

anmj

Forum Legend

• Power Users
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Things that they look at on the financial vetting are

Missed or late repayments
CCJ's
If you have a debt management company involved with you debts
Ever been declared bankrupt

Each application is different so im not saying if you have one of the above you wont get in. I'm just telling you what they look at.

Thanks! I'm not in any of those classes of financial problems, thank god. Just wondering because i've just had to pay a deposit on a new flat so had to use a bit of my overdraft (It's an interest free one) and i wasn't in this overdraft when I applied!

#5 wanabe

wanabe

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thanks! I'm not in any of those classes of financial problems, thank god. Just wondering because i've just had to pay a deposit on a new flat so had to use a bit of my overdraft (It's an interest free one) and i wasn't in this overdraft when I applied!

I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about. They aren't really bothered about how much debt you have it's more to do with can you and how you manage that debt. You could of just purchased a house for £500k this putting you in half a millions pounds worth of debt. That on its own won't make you fail.

#6 Strathy-SC

Strathy-SC

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

It doesn't really matter how much the debt is as long as you can manage it.

#7 rincewind

rincewind

L Plates

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

does anyone know if being in a scottish trust deed would render my application for full-time useless?

#8 Arbiter

Arbiter

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'm not really sure rincewind. I mean, I guess making a trust deed and managing the payments will go in your favour. I'm not actually sure about being in that position in the first place, having unmanageable debt. You know, you must be able to keep finances in order - I think the website mentions something about this.

Though, someone way have a better understanding than myself.

#9 Strathy-SC

Strathy-SC

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'd recommend contacting recruitment they're the ones who will end up making the decision.