• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stephenmids

Stephenmids

L Plates

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hello all im Stephen im a trainee doctor from the local area, if all goes well I will be applying to leics police at the end of feb.

#2 Bart S

Bart S

Veteran

• Excluded
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'm not from your area, and I'm not an occifer of the law either but welcome to the forum. ;)

#3 SM17HY

SM17HY

Experienced

• New Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hello Stephen! Welcome to the forum, I hope to be applying for Leicestershire Specials at the end of Feb also!

#4 Stephenmids

Stephenmids

L Plates

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thanks guys good to be here . Tom do you know when the start date would possibly be if we applied in feb?

#5 Burnie

Burnie

Forum Obsessed!

• Members
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Welcome to the forum - from personal experience it all depends on the number of applicants at any 1 time and how quickly they procees everything you could be looking at August or October starts at the earliest.

I applied in March/April 2010 and began training October 2010

Edited by Burnie, 29 December 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#6 Stephenmids

Stephenmids

L Plates

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ah thanks Burnie thats good to know. Do you know of any regs or specials which work in the Market Harborough area which are on here? I wouldn't mind knowing what its like to police there, its where I would ideally like to be posted.

#7 WillyWalto

WillyWalto

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hi Stephen,

Best of luck with your training in Feb. "Posted" makes us sound like soldiers lol. Sometimes the force will ask you where you want to be based however it may depend on where you live. I would ask the newer officers on here, as I joined some years ago.

#8 Stephenmids

Stephenmids

L Plates

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hi Stephen,

Best of luck with your training in Feb. "Posted" makes us sound like soldiers lol. Sometimes the force will ask you where you want to be based however it may depend on where you live. I would ask the newer officers on here, as I joined some years ago.

Applying in Feb after a house move, so training maybe later in the year. I could say deployed instead of posted or I believe I will go where im told and like it ha ha. Thank you for the response.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users