8 replies to this topic

#1 fripp2002

fripp2002

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hi,

Im just curious what needs to be completed in order to be substantive in staffs police?

Does anyone have the list of competencies required? I.e 2 arrests

Thanks

#2 AmISpecial

AmISpecial

Settling In

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hi,

Im just curious what needs to be completed in order to be substantive in staffs police?

Does anyone have the list of competencies required? I.e 2 arrests

Thanks

There's quite a long list really.

Some things require 3 examples, others require one example.

Some which spring to mind are you need 3 examples of seizure of tobacco from under 16
Seizure of alcohol in designated public place x 3
Seizure of alcohol under 18 x 3
3 shifts at enquiry office
3 shifts in custody centre

Presenting to custody sergeant x1
Arresting lawfully x 1
Charging a detainee x 1 the list goes on.... i think in total there must be about 40 odd things maybe more

Edit: others you have to do specific computer based learning on

Edited by AmISpecial, 21 October 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#3 fripp2002

fripp2002

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Wow, some of that sounds fairly hard to achieve... Is there anything for traffic/cannabis warnings/direction to leave/pnd? :confused:

Thanks

#4 AmISpecial

AmISpecial

Settling In

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Wow, some of that sounds fairly hard to achieve... Is there anything for traffic/cannabis warnings/direction to leave/pnd? :confused:

Thanks

As far as i know nothing specific for traffic (my folders at the station so cant refer to it right now)
I think there's one for stopping a vehicle and giving advice...

Drugs - specials dont really get involved with drugs as far as i know

Directions to leave i dont think is a competency because youre only supposed to give them once you are competent lol!

There is one for PNC checks on a vehicle and person thoug. Are you planning on moving forces by any chance?

Edited by AmISpecial, 21 October 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#5 andrew1979

andrew1979

Settling In

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Policy on s.27s seems to vary from station to station. At my nick we encourage all specials (signed off or not) to give them out if they feel it is appropriate - obviously unsigned off officers can ask for help! Drugs - specials can get involved. Our neighbourhood team often gets specials to help with warrants etc. plus there's the good old cannabis warning which often comes up on routine foot patrol.

1319224673[/url]' post='2138341']
As far as i know nothing specific for traffic (my folders at the station so cant refer to it right now)
I think there's one for stopping a vehicle and giving advice...

Drugs - specials dont really get involved with drugs as far as i know

Directions to leave i dont think is a competency because youre only supposed to give them once you are competent lol!

There is one for PNC checks on a vehicle and person thoug. Are you planning on moving forces by any chance?

Surprisingly not, although we recommend our SCs to get familiar with them as they're useful tools.

1319224279[/url]' post='2138337']

Thanks

#6 AmISpecial

AmISpecial

Settling In

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Policy on s.27s seems to vary from station to station. At my nick we encourage all specials (signed off or not) to give them out if they feel it is appropriate - obviously unsigned off officers can ask for help! Drugs - specials can get involved. Our neighbourhood team often gets specials to help with warrants etc. plus there's the good old cannabis warning which often comes up on routine foot patrol.

Surprisingly not, although we recommend our SCs to get familiar with them as they're useful tools.

Apologies then if I've given some incorrect information. I'm only five shifts in so just commenting on what i've seen/done so far

#7 -AJ

-AJ

Supreme Poster

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

On top of all the above - it seems the competencies may vary somewhat now - as ours are individual to our station...

#8 fripp2002

fripp2002

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

Hi,

Yeah i sure am looking to transfer... Im just curious to see the differences in a smaller force.
Plus i live in the centre of Stafford lol...

#9 AmISpecial

AmISpecial

Settling In

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi,

Yeah i sure am looking to transfer... Im just curious to see the differences in a smaller force.
Plus i live in the centre of Stafford lol...

We have a great team of specials in Stafford :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users