how did you get on today bud?:huh:

#27 Wrighty112

Wrighty112

Forum Regular

• Power Users
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

PASSED :-)

The medical was quiet nerve racking at the beginning but wasn't too bad. Starts out with a some form filling and then the drug test Which is a urine test done there and then, takes up to 5 minutes. Once that's done you're height and weight is taken to calculate BMI. Mine was 30.8 so on paper I was too heavy. However they do a body fat index test which mine was 18.2%, The nurse said it was less than his and he was a alot slimmer than me, lol. Next came blood pressure which Was a little high but nothing to worry about. The hearing test came next which meant sitting in a sound proof room no bigger that a phone booth and listening for beeps in the head Phones, when you hear a beep you press a button. After this he asks a load of questions regarding medical history etc... Then you go back in the waiting room while you're notes are looked over by the doctor.

The doctor then calls you in and goes through everything an checks yours joint movement, heart beat, and your stomach. After which he chats about what he has decided and tells you there and then if you have passed or failed.

There was an hour and half wait between medical and fitness so I found the canteen and had a sit down with a cup of tea :-). The fitness test isn't much to be worried about. Bleep test up to 5.4 and push/pull 35kg/34kg. You start with the bleep test which is the 15m bleep test. You warm up too level 1. Then straight on it. Only takes 5mins. Then straight on to the push/pull. It's a glorified rowing machine. You get 3 practice goes then 5 actual. I averaged 94kg on push and 89kg pull. Again you find out if you've passed or failed.

The fella who took me and one other then told me the next stage is kit issue and training. Just have to wait for the letter off HR.

:-)

Edited by Wrighty112, 10 September 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#28 chris10

chris10

L Plates

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Well done buddy

How long did medical take?
How many people where there on day?
Did everyone pass fitness?

Chris

#29 Bravz

Bravz

L Plates

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Well done dude, bet you're chuffed!! Must be a relief to have got it all over and done with.

Great write up on what we've to come next week. Fingers crossed we'll all be having a laugh about it on the 30th.

#30 Wrighty112

Wrighty112

Forum Regular

• Power Users
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Well done buddy

How long did medical take?
How many people where there on day?
Did everyone pass fitness?

Chris

Medical took around 30-40 min.

There was a few of us there but all arrived at different times. But only two of us in the fitness.

Yes someone failed the fitness.

#31 Bravz

Bravz

L Plates

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Yes someone failed the fitness.

Do you know what on? Bleep or push/pull?

#32 Wrighty112

Wrighty112

Forum Regular

• Power Users
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Do you know what on? Bleep or push/pull?

Push/pull... The bleep test was so easy it was as if they just want to make sure you can run.

#33 Javioli

Javioli

Forum Convert

• New Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

BMI sucks - I used to bodybuild and my body fat was low BMI was through the roof.

#34 gchoward

gchoward

Starting Out

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Congratulations on passing. Those notes certainly make me feel better about what to expect for this friday. Good luck to everyone else who is there on friday as well.

#35 Wrighty112

Wrighty112

Forum Regular

• Power Users
  • 583 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Rang HR this morning. Been told there waiting on my drugs test results (I know I've passed as it was an instant urine test), so there just waiting on the paperwork to reach them. Once she has that an appointment letter will be sent confirming my offer as a special along with some paperwork to fill out and sign and details on booking a uniform fitting :-D.

Just have to wait for the letter :-).

#36 Bravz

Bravz

L Plates

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

I bet you're absolutely buzzing mate!!

I've been pinging emails back and forth with HR the other day. Lovely lady and very helpful with the questions I had.

If I'm lucky enough to pass on Fri then training starts on Sept 30th with an induction. After that it's every Sat just about until the end of Nov doing law days and then a practical week end Nov/start Dec.

Once completed successfully i would guess deployment in time for Xmas :aok:

#37 Wrighty112

Wrighty112

Forum Regular

• Power Users
  • 583 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Sonds mint, but looks like I'll be missing a few rugby matches, lol. I'll have to buy the coach a few pints before I tell him. Lol

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users