• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 jackisback

jackisback

Settling In

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

Oh please don't draw too much from my question, it wasn't meant to instigate any hostility, I was curious to why you were asking, is all. It seems such a random question to ask. Sorry if it came across as nasty or loathsome, it was just my over curious mind working overtime.

Thanks and Sorry. My reply was, irony noted, hostile. I can understand your curiosity, it is a rather odd question to ask. Your post was fine, it was others to who offended me However my reply was very dramatic. Looking back it was me over reacting.

Back on topic: I won't be 16 untill January, so I won't get to ask 'till then.
Regards,
Jackisback

Edited by jackisback, 07 July 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#27 carty23

carty23

Veteran

• New Members
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

Sorry. My reply was, irony noted, hostile. I can understand your curiosity, Your post was slightly edged but my reply was very dramatic. Looking back it was me over reacting.

Back on topic: I won't be 16 untill January, so I won't get to ask 'till then.
Regards,
Jackisback

Just looking at the picture of South Yorkshire Police website, it does appear that SYP cadets do receive ID:

Posted Image

Edited by carty23, 07 July 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#28 jackisback

jackisback

Settling In

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Cheers for that carty. :)

Edited by jackisback, 07 July 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#29 carty23

carty23

Veteran

• New Members
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Cheers for that carty. :)

No problem mate.

There's also a timeline of events and for Barnsley/Doncaster/Rotherham/Sheffield, on each different date it states "Cadets attend for ID card and uniform"

To personally answer your first question from your OP, it is totally fine to be a cadet while in further education. I did it myself and it was a Wednesday evening, with the option of doing additional duties and events (e.g. Front office duty) and helping out at events on a weekend etc.

#30 jackisback

jackisback

Settling In

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

No problem mate.

There's also a timeline of events and for Barnsley/Doncaster/Rotherham/Sheffield, on each different date it states "Cadets attend for ID card and uniform"

To personally answer your first question from your OP, it is totally fine to be a cadet while in further education. I did it myself and it was a Wednesday evening, with the option of doing additional duties and events (e.g. Front office duty) and helping out at events on a weekend etc.

Your a great help, was it stressful or did you manage it easily?

#31 carty23

carty23

Veteran

• New Members
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

Your a great help, was it stressful or did you manage it easily?

It was easy to manage at first but in December 09 my nan passed away and because my grandad and nan hadn't been separated for a day over 60 odd years, he was an emotional wreck, so I had to go down every night to him. In addition to this, Wednesday (the night of my session) was when the main tutorials for my subjects were held at college so I had to keep attending the cadets one week but not the next due to the tutorials. I started to miss quite a few sessions so having spoke to my cadet co-ordinator it was agreed that I should leave to ease the pressure etc.

It was just the fact that the tutorials at my college were on the same night as the session - otherwise it would have been stress free and totally fine to manage. I'm sure you'll love it when you apply :aok:

#32 jackisback

jackisback

Settling In

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

It was easy to manage at first but in December 09 my nan passed away and because my grandad and nan hadn't been separated for a day over 60 odd years, he was an emotional wreck, so I had to go down every night to him. In addition to this, Wednesday (the night of my session) was when the main tutorials for my subjects were held at college so I had to keep attending the cadets one week but not the next due to the tutorials. I started to miss quite a few sessions so having spoke to my cadet co-ordinator it was agreed that I should leave to ease the pressure etc.

It was just the fact that the tutorials at my college were on the same night as the session - otherwise it would have been stress free and totally fine to manage. I'm sure you'll love it when you apply ;)

Thanks for your help. Sorry about your nan.

Edited by jackisback, 08 July 2011 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users