• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 charlie792

charlie792

I'm new!

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

Hi, Im a third year criminology student based in South Wales (Newport), conducting some initial research into PCSOs and the community, I am hoping to look at the effectiveness of the introduction of PCSOs and their relationship with the police force and the general public.
I would be most grateful if both PCSOs and Police Officers alike could answer some questions to provide an insight.

I am looking to discuss how Police Officers view PCSO's, whether or not they believe PCSO presence is important, if it reduces or prevents more serious crime and how it has had an impact on Police Officers own jobs.

I am also looking for any PCSOs willing to answer the following questions;

How do you value your job?
(ie. do you believe your job makes a difference, do you enjoy what you do, do you feel supported in your job)

Do you feel a valued member of the police force or feel valued by Police colleagues
(where possible could you please give examples)

How do you believe the public percieve your job?
(could you please give examples)

Could you please give a brief description of your tasks on a day to day basis, and where you are based (residential areas/town/city)?

What training (if any) have you recieved?

What items of personal protection equiptment (PPE) have you been provided with, and have you been instructed on how to use them?

Many Thanks for all your help

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users