• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jag

jag

L Plates

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Any one on here in training now who's got their role plays due on the 7th of August in Bridgend?

#2 mph

mph

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

we've got ours end of October

#3 adawes

adawes

Starting Out

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi
How did your role plays go? As Mike said we have ours coming up, any tips or clues on what to expect?

#4 LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Learning the Ropes

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

I would recap on the lessons you've had to date and ensure that you know your legislation and procedures. Also recap on the Core Behavioural Responsibilites for the role Profile of a Special Constable (i.e. Respect for Race & Diversity, Effective Communication, Problem Solving).

On the day listen to the briefing your trainers/assessors give you and remember that although these skills development exercises are taking place in view of the public, it is still a safe learning environment (scenario based) so here is where you can make any improvements to any developmental areas you might have.

Listen to the feedback that your assessor(s) gives you and relfect upon this either at the time (reflection in action) or after the day has concluded (reflection upon action). This is often where your real learning will occur as you will know where your strengths and areas for development are. It's important then to focus and develop your strengths further but it's as equally important to know where you can improve for future practice.

Hope this helps and good luck for the day! :unsure:

Lone

#5 mph

mph

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

I would recap on the lessons you've had to date and ensure that you know your legislation and procedures. Also recap on the Core Behavioural Responsibilites for the role Profile of a Special Constable (i.e. Respect for Race & Diversity, Effective Communication, Problem Solving).

On the day listen to the briefing your trainers/assessors give you and remember that although these skills development exercises are taking place in view of the public, it is still a safe learning environment (scenario based) so here is where you can make any improvements to any developmental areas you might have.

Listen to the feedback that your assessor(s) gives you and relfect upon this either at the time (reflection in action) or after the day has concluded (reflection upon action). This is often where your real learning will occur as you will know where your strengths and areas for development are. It's important then to focus and develop your strengths further but it's as equally important to know where you can improve for future practice.

Hope this helps and good luck for the day! :)

Lone

We've got our exam this weekend so will be interesting to see how much I can remember. My only problem is remembering the definitions, I know the requirements of the crimes and whats required to arrest but word for word I’m struggling with definitions

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users