Photo
- - - - -

pcso recruitment how long does vetting take?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 rhino_cub6

rhino_cub6

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

Any body heard any news?

#27 rhino_cub6

rhino_cub6

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

Has anybody heard anything since recieving the letters?

#28 daiwhite

daiwhite

I'm new!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

Nope not since I recieved the letter, :eek: fingers crossed will hear somthing in the next 2weeks!:|

#29 cap8000

cap8000

I'm new!

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

Nope not since I recieved the letter, :eek: fingers crossed will hear somthing in the next 2weeks!:|

not heard anything either. as soon as i do ill be sure to let u guys know

#30 rhino_cub6

rhino_cub6

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

seem to be having problems getting through to the recruitment line for the last couple of days,havnt heard anything for a while now!Has any one been in touch?

#31 mph

mph

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

LMFAO you guys dont know how lucky you are! I applied in october aswell and didnt get my PIR done tell January, passed that and am still awaiting interview date, i keep pushing and pushing but there saying no interview dates are confirmed :unsure:

Btw quick question about eyesight guys, I've read on the south wales police website that:

New recruits must have at least 6/12 vision in their right or left eye, or at least 6/6 vision in both eyes.

Those who wear glasses, spectacles or contact lenses must have at least 6/36 vision in both eyes without wearing their glasses, spectacles or contact lenses.

And somewhere else I read that you have to have 6/12 in both eyes. Is it 6/12 in each eye or either eye?

I can just about manage and mumble my way throught 6/12 with just my left eye and yet I have pretty much 20 20 vision in my right. All advice would be welcomed Posted Image

Cheers guys, look forward to seeing you on the beat in 1000 years time! haha :unsure:

I did Mine without my glasses and passed the SC standard for people who dont need them so dont worry

that's great thanks very much for the reply!
Can you recommend any boots?
Cheers

depends what boots you want. take a look here

http://www.bobbyboots.com/police-boots

I got stealth and they're really comfortably. you can get magnum classics for about £42 but everyones different, I tried classics and hated them but there's people on my intake who've got them and like them
Yhe store is in swansea for the link above

#32 rhino_cub6

rhino_cub6

I'm new!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

Just spoke 2 recruitment and they said their has been rumours about an August start date so fingers crossed!

#33 cap8000

cap8000

I'm new!

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

Just spoke 2 recruitment and they said their has been rumours about an August start date so fingers crossed!

wow hope its true thanks for keeping us informed

#34 daiwhite

daiwhite

I'm new!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi all,

anybody had any news? :unsure:

Cheers

#35 cap8000

cap8000

I'm new!

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hi all,

anybody had any news? :unsure:

Cheers

all iv had is a letter asking whether any of my details have changed and if so to let them know.

#36 daiwhite

daiwhite

I'm new!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Hi, yeh I recieved the same letter! Hope it's a good sign did he hear anything after sending it back? I might give them a call this week! Have always found the people very helpfull!

Cheers!

#37 cap8000

cap8000

I'm new!

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

not looking good had letter saying only taking on a max of 30 people this year and for those who are selected will only be able to offer fixed term contracts until 31st of march 2011! then it goes on to say if you wish to stay on the waiting list must fill in form and return it by 2nd july. I knew something like this was gonna happen. Really gutted.

#38 Eveleleigh

Eveleleigh

L Plates

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

not looking good had letter saying only taking on a max of 30 people this year and for those who are selected will only be able to offer fixed term contracts until 31st of march 2011! then it goes on to say if you wish to stay on the waiting list must fill in form and return it by 2nd july. I knew something like this was gonna happen. Really gutted.

Had the same letter man, only mine included the lines "we have 81 people on the waiting list who have passed all stages of recruitment and you as yet, have not". So there's no point in me staying on the list. I'm a bit upset that they've waiting since October last year to tell me. >.<

#39 daiwhite

daiwhite

I'm new!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

I have recieved the same letter as cap8000! Gutted! Still going to stay in the process tho but it doesn't look good does it!:D

#40 cap8000

cap8000

I'm new!

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

received a letter just checking whether any of my details have changed hopefully updating ready for an intake early next year, doubt it though!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users